A Sign from Sweep

Sweep sent her sign today. This is too special not to share. 

On Friday after we said goodbye, I remarked to my husband that I thought I might like to hang a wind chime for Sweep. (I have a black thumb, so a plant or tree is out of the question.) I didn't mention this to anyone else.

Yesterday, I sat on the porch swing alone, watching the wind "sweep thru" the trees and thinking about her. It's unusual for it to be this breezy in late May. I felt her presence so strongly I could practically touch her, and the rustling of the leaves seemed to pick up with my thoughts of her. Again, I didn't mention this to anyone.

Today I got a box from a dear friend whom I won't name, but suffice it to say, she's been a rock and a huge comfort throughout our journey. What was in the box? A wind chime etched with a broom and the words "Listen to the wind and know that I am near." She'd had it made months ago.

Goosebumps, and gratitude. Subtlety was never my girl's thing. :beatheart 

52113430098_9cd686c5e2_z.jpg

52113396011_489ae8c9cb_z.jpg

52113430083_7717e6ca74_z.jpg

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

In the first photo there is a rainbow reflection. Without doubt, Sweep has arrived safely. :angelwings

Oh Rachel :grouphug Goosebumps for sure. :heart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:cry1 that's lovely and it made me tear up. It's so comforting and special and wondrous to receive a sign, isn't it? :grouphug

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

What Jan said.

:beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

How else would your sweet girl let you know she was OK???  :beatheart  :beatheart  :beatheart 

I'm not crying, you're crying!!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

WOW! How super wonderful is that? Isn't it amazing how they teach us from the other side?  My soulmate Slim rescued me when after he crossed over he taught me that he would indeed be with me always! He taught me that only his body died that the real Slim that I loved was spirit and he was OK and would never be apart from me.  That was 2006.  He has indeed sent me many signs and been with me everyday since. Another thing he taught me is that our bridge angels actually have more 'power' now than they did when they were here in body.  I would encourage you to journal Sweeps signs and communications.  I did and still do with Slims and it is very comforting and it also helps me learn some of Slim's wisdom he still shares with me.  THANK YOU so much for sharing Sweeps sign.  It is very comforting and wow. Just an amazing thing how it all worked out like it did-even how the wind chime was made months ago but Sweep was waiting for the exact perfect moment-even the wind listened. See what I mean how they have more power now?   :beatheart

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.
They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,
and remain forever a part of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

Edited by racindog

6 hours ago, racindog said:

WOW! How super wonderful is that? Isn't it amazing how they teach us from the other side?  My soulmate Slim rescued me when after he crossed over he taught me that he would indeed be with me always! He taught me that only his body died that the real Slim that I loved was spirit and he was OK and would never be apart from me.  That was 2006.  He has indeed sent me many signs and been with me everyday since. Another thing he taught me is that our bridge angels actually have more 'power' now than they did when they were here in body.  I would encourage you to journal Sweeps signs and communications.  I did and still do with Slims and it is very comforting and it also helps me learn some of Slim's wisdom he still shares with me.  THANK YOU so much for sharing Sweeps sign.  It is very comforting and wow. Just an amazing thing how it all worked out like it did-even how the wind chime was made months ago but Sweep was waiting for the exact perfect moment-even the wind listened. See what I mean how they have more power now?   :beatheart

"Some animals...leave a trail of glory behind them.
They give their spirit to the place where they have lived,
and remain forever a part of the rocks and streams and the wind and sky."

- Marguerite Henry

Thank you. I love the idea of keeping a journal of Sweep's signs. I can't tell you how much more at peace I am today after hearing from her yesterday. Powerful, indeed. :heart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

The more I think about the wind chime--the broom, the words--the more I think it's absolutely perfect. That it arrived the day after an unusual breeze brought thoughts of Sweep makes it even more special.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

On 5/31/2022 at 6:43 PM, FiveRoooooers said:

In the first photo there is a rainbow reflection. Without doubt, Sweep has arrived safely. :angelwings

Great observation. So true!

Was a subscriber in the mid 2000s (the aughts!).  Reactivated in 2021.  What'd I miss?

:cry1   What a wonderful sign from Sweep!    :wub:     

She is safely at the Bridge and still with you in spirit!  :heart 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

That was a wonderful, thoughtful gift and the timing was just what you needed then. :grouphug

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

• 4 weeks later...