Washing of food bowl

Reading a recent news article it appears some people only wash their dog's bowls once a week and some leave it longer before washing them if at all :omg

I wash Grace's and Guinness's food bowls twice a day i.e. after every meal and the water bowls once a day in the morning.

I just wonder how often everyone else washes their dog's bowls?

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

I wash after every meal too. Mind you the dish already *appears* spotlessly clean at that point, thanks to Tiger's tongue - I have been known to say to him "No need to lick the pattern off!" (It's a stainless steel one, with some roundels inside the base.)

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Hot soapy water after every meal!  Anything else is just disgusting!  :sick

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

After every meal I wash them either in the dishwasher or hot soapy water.  I might add that I very rarely have any loose stool or digestive system issues either. Can you imagine the proliferation of microorganisms on unwashed food bowls? And if I am not going to wash them right away I usually spray a quick lite squirt of Chlorox Clean-Up in them.  I believe that pathogens can get inside the cracks and crevices in plastic/ceramic bowls. I mostly use stainless steel. Suffice to say my dogs bowls are perfectly safe for anyone human or animal.

Edited by racindog

One vote for disgustingly dirty here.  I do wash out the water bowl a few times a week -- the film that develops on it bothers me much more than the germs I can't see.  Healthy dogs here, too.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

The dogs clean each other's bowls after every meal. They are usually pretty spotless, but I rinse and wipe them out with hot water before I put the next meal in them. All of the bowls get rotated through the dishawasher about twice a week on a space-available basis. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Most of my dogs have been raw fed, so I am particularly careful about washing the bowls. Hot soapy water after every meal (I don’t have a dishwasher). I rinse and refill the water bowl twice a day, and wipe it out with a soapy sponge when I think about it, a few times a week. 
As with everything else, I pay more attention to the health and cleanliness of my pets than I do for me :lol

After every dog meal and when I have room in the dish washer the bowls get a turn in there too.  I can't imagine why someone wouldn't wash the bowls daily.  It's not a big deal.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds