Guinness is no longer on foster.

This morning (18th March) Grace, Guinness and I took a trip down to Hall Green Greyhound Trust kennels and, after signing various forms and handing over the required donation, I officially adopted Guinness.

IMG_20220315_072641256_HDR~2IMG_20220309_080451406~2

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

10 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

Yay! :confetti I was going to ask how he was getting on so I’m glad you’ve started this! Are he and Grace still ignoring each other?

Grace and Guinness are like an old married couple. They respect each other's space, sleep in separate beds but will travel next to each other in the back of the car are happy to do things together like sniffing the same tuft of grass at the same time. Not that I mean old married couples sniff grass :wacko:

Guinness has fitted in with Grace and I extremely well. No sleep aggression, no separation anxiety and he isn't a valcro dog but will come up to me, or anyone else for that matter, for the obligatory ear rub etc before returning to his crate for another nap and is house trained.

He's starting to learn that not all treats are for him and that Grace gets her food bowl put down first. He's also making good progress in learning that wanting to greet another dog in a friendly way doesn't mean lunging at them and barking whilst wagging your tail and that putting your front feet on visitors shoulders is not good manners :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Greyt news! Welcome home Guinness! :balloonparty

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

What a pair of black beauties! Congrats! :confetti

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Congreytulations!

Grace and Guinness are like an old married couple. They respect each other's space, sleep in separate beds but will travel next to each other in the back of the car are happy to do things together like sniffing the same tuft of grass at the same time.

That's how I knew I had done the right thing when I adopted my first 2nd dog (you know what I mean); instead of staying next to me when we were outside, my first grey would join the new guy for sniffing things.  

They make a stunning pair.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Congratulations! 

I see you went with different color collars so you know who to yell at. :lol

We always had to look at the collars to tell them apart at a quick glance when Rocket had his brindle friends over. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:wub::yay:gh_run2:gh_run2

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

12 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

I see you went with different colour collars so you know who to yell at. :lol

And the leads are the same colours as the collars so I know which one has tied my legs together :D

18 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Congratulations! 

I see you went with different color collars so you know who to yell at. :lol

We always had to look at the collars to tell them apart at a quick glance when Rocket had his brindle friends over. 

5 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

And the leads are the same colours as the collars so I know which one has tied my legs together :D

Surprise :lol Congratulations, and it’s wonderful to hear how well Guinness and Grace are doing together :wub:

Until later years, Camp Greyhound CT had been entirely brindles. Different color collars were essential :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.