Mountain Hounds 2022 June 2-5

palmettobug

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

16 hours ago, MP_the4pack said:

I canceled last minute last year.  Maybe this year I can make it. 

MaryPat, go ahead and book your room now.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I've been wanting to attend Mountain Hounds for years and it looks as if this is my year!  I've made my reservation and looked over the daily schedule on the event website.  I'm excited about attending but a little anxious about traveling with blind hound Nate.  He's typically a real champ in all situations, thought, so I expect things to go well.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I talked to the Sidney James yesterday, there are a few rooms left, on the non-creekside. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP!

Two more months (dat's a lot of sleeps!) to go. I've been keeping an eye on the wildfire nearby, it is to the slight north and west of G'burg right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankfully the fires are out! 

Have you been practicing your Poo Toss? Roooing with the neighborhood? Carrying as much gear in one trip as you can up the stairs? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Attention! There is still time to register!

Hi Donna :wave  It's been a long year. :nod

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 1 month later...

Another Greyt Event in the can! We are so glad we could meet a whole bunch of GT'ers "in da fur". The weather started out stormy and ended quite nicely, with lower humidity than previous years. There were multiple bear sightings, but the pick-a-nik baskets remained undisturbed. :D

See you next year!

This was my first Mountain Hounds and Nate's first greyhound event and we both had a great time! I found it to be a well-planned event, with plenty of good seminars and engaging events.  I'm thinking that Nate and I will go again next year.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

So much fun seeing "the hounds of Greytalk" and their peeps! It was so wonderful to have some time to just sit, eat good food, and talk greyhound, and above all love on greyhounds. Hope to see you all again next year.:heart

Racindog Donna, I posted photos on pages 18 and 19 of the WFUBCC chat. I only have one of Octane, the one where he's using Sherrie's scooter wheel as a pillow.  :lol

Always great to see you. See ya in 2023!

tiny hada siggy.png