Guinness has arrived

As those of you who have been following the I Must Be Mad thread in Everything Else Greyhound will know I have decided to get a companion for my nervous greyhound Grace. I am glad to say that I collected a gentle confident black greyhound called Guinness this morning (Sunday) from the Hall Green Greyhound Trust kennels on a 3 week foster to adopt basis.

A bit about him. He had been adopted before but unfortunately although he was supposed to be cat safe he didn't get on with their half feral cat so was returned and put into foster care. Whilst there he apparently chased a squirrel up a tree and badly ruptured his shoulder muscle. He was collected by the adoption agency and has been seeing their vet and the physio on a regular basis. He's now almost fully repaired and I just need to keep him calm for the next couple of weeks.

I had to lift his 31kg (68 lb) lump into the car to get him home where he lay down and apart from the slightly heavy breathing you wouldn't have known he was there. Grace met him with a wagging tail but he totally ignored her. This afternoon I put the seats down in the car and took them both to the local park for a short walk where they practiced greyhound lead macramé.  He's now sleeping in his crate, which he went into without prompting, and Grace is asleep on the sofa.

Checking out his pedigree on Greyhound Data it turns out that both Grace and Guinness have the same great grandfather. And if you want to know what happened to Antigua Rum, the winner of the 2020 Coral Coronation Cup at Romford Greyhound Stadium, he's now called Guinness and lives with me and Grace. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjKHPR7cBi0

Sorry no pictures yet but I will try to post some in the near future.

Edited by HeyRunDog

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

His Coronation Cup race -- he had to run through trouble and he was a strong closer.  A good omen for life in his new pack.  Welcome, Guinness!  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

It sounds like a seamless intro and welcome home, yay!  Please keep us posted. Congratulations to all of you!

It's so cool to have video of their races. (The enthusiasm from the handler is just mind blowing :lol )

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Awesome!  Congratulations! 

He is one handsome dude!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Love watching them run, they are so beautiful! Congrats, from us who are black (G) and a huge lump (R) and a lovely girl (F).

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:clap

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Here are some photos of Guinness.

P1040081P1040079P1040084

Edited by HeyRunDog

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

:wub:  Handsome boy :inlove

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

What a handsome boy! Looks as if he's settling in well :)

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Gotta love a big black boy dog!!!  :wub:  

Has Grace warmed up to him at all yet?

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Wednesday's update.

Guinness and Grace aren't interacting with each other...yet, but both will travel together in the car with no bickering and last night they both slept within 6 feet of each other.

The green frog in the second photo is just one of a pair. Grace has two for some reason but she doesn't play with any toys apart from when they are new and then only for a couple of hours so I gave Guinness one together with a red dinosaur stuffie. He started to squeak it while laying in his crate. Grace looked up with interest so I gave her the other one. Later on Guinness came out of his crate saw the second frog laying on Graces bed, went back to his crate and reappeared with the red dinosaur, put it on Grace's bed and took the frog back to his crate. :D

As I haven't officially adopted him yet and he's on a foster agreement the number 17 tags on his collar is because he is dog number 17 at the re-homing kennels, the other is yellow with a R because he's reserved.

:rolleyes::lol:

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.