GIG 2022

MP_the4pack

We have to miss this year, again.  Last year, Len had surgery, this year, I am scheduled for surgery.  Have a great time!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm planning to go.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I will be there!  I'm staying at the Aspire since I will be going, once again, dogless.  (Sox, being nervous and a bit fearful, would hate it.  Lucas, being blind, would not handle the different environment well).  I will definitely need to get my greyhound fix from those of you bringing your greyhounds!

• 2 weeks later...

We hated the Eisenhower. We stayed once and never went back. We prefer to stay downtown. You can walk to restaurants and bars and leave your car at your hotel. There’s nothing out by the Eisenhower once the vendors close. 

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

I've stayed at the Eisenhower and now always stay at the Aspire (right next to the Eisenhower - they are connected by a enclosed walkway - I stay at the Aspire now because I don't bring my dogs).  I always like staying there because it's right there within walking of the GIG events.  Plus other activities happen after the vendors close - the bonfire in the evening, the party on Friday night, etc.  The Eisenhower has gone through a lot of changes and there were issues during the major renovation times, but I think of it as a good basic hotel. Not the fanciest, but the location seals it for me. Another plus is if you have your dogs with you and they get tired out, it's easy to bring them to the room to rest for a little while before heading back to the events, or, if your dogs are good being alone in the room, you can leave them there to rest and go to the activities without them for a short time - you can easily go back and forth to the events, or to check on them with a 5 minute walk.

Friends of mine really prefer staying in town close to all the town sights and activities. So it really comes down to your preference.  My time at GIG is really dedicated to the greyhound things and don't really do a lot of other Gettysburg things (except for lunches in town and occasionally dinner) but if you are someone who will want to do lots of Gettysburg "stuff", see the town, etc. staying in town might be your preference.

Good luck - no matter where you stay, you'll have a blast.

Sadly, we won’t be going this year. We have a wedding (happy about this though) and it’s the same weekend.

We used to go to so many greyhound events each year, and now I think it’s been about 3 years since we attended one. Dewey may be a possibility this year, so I’m hoping vendors will still be at Dewey.

I really miss seeing everyone. By the time I get to an event, I wonder if anyone will even remember me :lol 

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thanks so much for the input on the Eisenhower.  I made a reservation at the Quality inn on York Road where I normally stay first.  Then I decided to see if anything was available at the Eisenhower.  I like the nearness to everything happening at the event.  I think I saw a bar and restaurant in the pictures.  Does anyone know if they have beverage and food service there?

https://eisenhower.com/dining

Not your typical full service bar or cafe but it will save you a trip into town.

Again this year staffing seems to be limited. Took me several hours to get someone to answer the phone at registration.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings to all from Joe and I at BUSHMANSTUDIO. We will NOT be vending this show.   The last of our GH/sighthound antiques/jewelry are listed on RUBY LANE, BUSHMANSTUDIO.  We just weren't sure of travel plans and will be participating in some antique shows. Our hunt for GH items is getting more and more difficult, shall I say nearly impossible! Joe is still doing commissions/paintings if anyone is thinking of one. 

Have a beer(or 3) lots of fun for me! 

I should have planned better. We’re still homeless and could have spent a week in PA. :lol

Have fun and please post lots of pics!! 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Here you are Mary Pat!

May be an image of 6 people, people standing and dog
May be an image of 5 people, dog and grass

Potomacpups' Jim, Kathy, dante2zoe's Cindy and David, and me
May be an image of 5 people, people standing and dog

tiny hada siggy.png