Gelsey's take on Descartes

Edo, ergo sum  (I eat, therefore I am)

Gelsey has calmed down a lot since her "see it, gnaw it" stage when she first arrived here.  Plus I have a lot more stuff put up out of her reach.  But I threw away a little paper bag that came from a pharmacy in a floor-level trash basket and she took it out and started eating it, carefully avoiding the stapled label.  Straight down the hatch, with a minimum of chewing.  Must have some irresistible coating on that paper.  Of course, I was mean and took it away from her.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

That's her excellent take on the little white bocks bag :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh my.  :lol  Smart to skip the staples.

Nate, blind due to PRA, LOVES to eat paper products. 

Tissues: We like to keep a box on the side table in the LR.  He found them.  We put a plastic tissue box cover over the box.  He still got the tissue box off the table and ate tissues.  We got a weighty, metal tissue box cover.  As long as no tissues stick up over the edge of the box cover, we're OK.

Paper napkins from fast food orders :blush : He has an uncanny knack for knowing that there are napkins out and unerringly grabs them. 

Paper bags:  Yeah, those too. 

He fascinates me, since he never misses a chance to gobble paper and finds his targets even without sight.  

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Don't you think it's the smell of the paper?  I imagine there are a lot of chemicals involved in the process of making commercial grade paper, and their super noses can sniff them out.  The taste, also.  I don't think Gelsey's avoiding the staples, I think she's avoiding the smell/taste of the label.  

What I really object to in the Dog Paper Fetish game is having to take my own wet, soggy tissues to a safe trash location.   Ychh.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Wrangling your own soggy tissues...ick. :nod 

I do this Nate hones in on paper products via scent.  He misses nothing. :lol 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

• 2 weeks later...

Two new food items to Gelsey's list: raw collard greens, and my new salve for the cracked skin on my heels.  First two ingredients are olive oil and almond butter.  Gelsey was trying to lick it through my socks.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg