Burgess Supadog Greyhound Availability

Dilski

Hello GT

We've been feeding our lovely retired boy (3 y.o) "Burgess Supadog Greyhound & Lurcher" kibble since we adopted him last year. This was the food that the rescue have us, and it seems to give him a lovely coat and good poop so we're happy with it 

I'm a little worried about the price increase and availability of this kibble. Pets@Home don't seem to stock it now, and it's only available through Amazon through 3rd parties (rather than through prime like before). The price seems to have increased by 30% also.

Should I consider moving to a different kibble? Or could this availability problem be a hiccup and nothing to worry about?

Thanks,

Dillon

Kibble prices for all brands seem to be increasing steadily.  

Your best bet for accurate information will be to contact the manufacturer directly.  Here in the states when those products become available through third party sellers only, they are often either discontinued or sometimes undergoing a formula or packaging change. Given the state of supply chains worldwide, I would only rely on information direct from the manufacturer's customer service department to make a decision. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Changing to a different kibble won't be a problem if you do it gradually over a couple of weeks.

I guess you are in the UK? If you are you could try either the kibble from the Greyhound Trust at £40 for two 15kg bags with free delivery or Gain Maintenance from Millbry Hill for two 15kg bags at £32.99 (£13 each plus £6.99 delivery) Both are specially made for retired greyhounds and Grace has either or a mixture of both without any problems.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Feedem have it in stock - see here. I don't know how that price compares to what you usually pay but I have been buying Tiger's Autarky online from them for ages, finding them both reasonably priced and efficient. Delivery takes 2-3 working days and is free for orders costing more than £45, if you have room to store three bags!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.