Mooney

Nadine

As many of you know we went on a road trip to southern Germany to fetch our new boy. Welcome to our pack, little Mooney :wub: Everyone is tired and alteady asleep. I will write an update once all the greyts are awake.

42637284ua.jpg

Edited by Nadine

33 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

Welcome Mooney. Are you ready for a life of belly rubs and ear scritches?

and thank you Nadine for giving him a name I can spell without having to look up each time!

Sorry, to disappoint you. Mooney is his original name. I just kept it. 

:yay Welcome home young man! 

:wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Welcome home Mooney - he is adorable!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Fasten your seat belts! I think there's a lot of fun to be had with Mooney!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Such a beautiful black baby dog!  Did you choose him, and if so what made you decide on him?  Or did someone else pick him out for you? 

Do you think he's ready for the full force of Hurricane Saoirse?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

4 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Such a beautiful black baby dog!  Did you choose him, and if so what made you decide on him?  Or did someone else pick him out for you? 

Do you think he's ready for the full force of Hurricane Saoirse?  

I didn't want another dog so soon after Paddy past. But I had a phone call about an adoption I help with with our little adoption group. My friend Iris told me that a very young greyhound would be on the hauler, only 17 month old, with a shorter hind leg. He was never trained and raised in a home but he will need a home with no stairs and some physiotherapy sessions, too.... I told Roger about him, we discussed it and decided to take him.

Mooney is a small boy but with a strong mentality. He is afraid of nothing and very funny. He will be a great friend for Saoirse.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/17/2021 at 8:30 AM, MerseyGrey said:

Is his hind leg noticeably shorter? I’m having trouble taking my eyes off that gorgeous face long enough to see :wub:

Yes, but it doesn't bother him yet. A friend of mine is a vet specialized in orthopedic surgery (part reason we adopted Mooney). He will take a look at him and we will see what we can do. Plus he will join the rest of my pack at their physiotherapy appointments evers 2 weeks. 

What a cutie!

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, he is so handsome. Congratulations

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross