Introducing Diva and Mark!

Time4ANap

With the sudden loss of Petunia just prior to our Dewey trip, coming home to an empty house was miserable. We saw the local GPA coordinator at an event a few weeks ago and told her that we might be ready after the first of the year, but didn't want to actively meet any dogs before then. We had some work that we wanted to get done on the house before having a dog again and I had 2 surgeries scheduled for the following week.  2 Days later a text message arrived.  And now you know the rest of the story...Well, sort of....

Mark and Diva's owner was hospitalized due to an emergency and the group asked if we could take them as an emergency foster. Before all of the details could be worked out to get the dogs to us, their owner passed away suddenly. Technically, they are still fosters and you can read whatever you want into that.  So, just about 2 weeks ago, Mark and Diva were brought to us. They weren't sure what was going on as they had been taken care of during the prior week by various people. Diva immeditely peed on one of Petunia's old spots in the living room, (or maybe it was a spot that Starz made - not sure). Mark stepped in behind her and peed over the same spot.  I guess that meant they were staying. :lol

They have both settled in and although it is evident that Mark is missing his Mom, they are both settled in well and act like they have always been here. They are definitely home. 

I have to post their introduction today, as later tonight I have to post pictures for Diva's Birthday. She turned 11 today and will have a birthday celebration this evening.  Mark is 8. Did I mention they are "fosters?"

Mark - telling me that he is out of wine. 

hED7tfP.jpg

Diva - guarding the wine

qzXeDCh.jpg

Mark - demonstrating the two bed sleep system

H1AOxs9.jpg

Mark showing his Pupsodent smile

g4n7IqC.jpg

Brother and Sister bonding

b7e5UQL.jpg

Diva on Day 3 or so

oEVbVr3.jpg

Diva telling me that she needs more toys

tSD7ZGL.jpg

Diva thinks that hedgehogs are delicious and she likes it when they grunt

AofLxLA.jpg

Handsome Mr Mark

XxZsxpe.jpg

Fosters.....uh huh....

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Whew, I was going to burst! Yay!!! 

Do you guys prefer strawberry or grape jelly? :lol

:beatheart :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Welcome to the Suckers Club, also known as the I'm Only Just Fostering Club. 

Don, I think you're going to have fun with these two.  ;)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I love how they announced their intentions to stay by marking their new territory. :rotfl  I'm glad they're home after their loss.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

:confetti CONGREYTULATIONS!!!!!!!  :confetti 

Does the work on the house include whole-home carpet cleaning?  No sense getting new carpet with "fosters."

I know Mark and Diva's human knew, at least on some level, that her hounds were taken care of.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

3 hours ago, macoduck said:

Welcome to the Suckers Club, also known as the I'm Only Just Fostering Club. 

Don, I think you're going to have fun with these two.  ;)

Petunia only came for an afternoon too....:lol  After about 20 minutes I told Chris to "just write the check." 

These two are fun. I had a couple of minor surgeries right after they arrived so yesterday was our first attempt at going for a walk. Mark needs some leash training but he was just giddy, running and pulling on the leash because he was so excited. Up until now they've just run in the yard. Mark did not race so I don't think he's really used to being led around much. 

46 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

:confetti CONGREYTULATIONS!!!!!!!  :confetti 

Does the work on the house include whole-home carpet cleaning?  No sense getting new carpet with "fosters."

I know Mark and Diva's human knew, at least on some level, that her hounds were taken care of.  

Carpet cleaning is on the list as evidenced by our horrible carpets in all of the pictures. The carpet needs to be replaced but with multiple dogs we've just been trying to get another cleaning out of it each time.  We figured having no one here to assist the carpet cleaning guy would be a big help to him. The good thing is that he is a dog lover. 

Their owner was very active with multiple greyhound adoption groups over the years here in Phoenix. She was responsible for hundreds of hounds getting new homes. We don't know if she ever knew that the dogs were coming to us, but she trusted the person who placed them to find them the right home. I hope she knew that they would be well taken care of. 

1 hour ago, LBass said:

I love how they announced their intentions to stay by marking their new territory. :rotfl  I'm glad they're home after their loss.

My first comment to DW when they did that was "I guess they are home." 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!

Mark and Diva are fortunate that you needed new hounds just as they needed a new home.

Congratulations to all!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I can’t believe I missed this! I’ve seen a reference to Diva in a couple of other threads, and now I know why! Congratulations to you all. It’s been a while since I’ve lost a dog (more than 20 years!) but I still remember the deflated feeling of coming home without that happy greeting. I’m so happy for you!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

• 1 month later...