She made it! Minus one leg, but who's counting. Sweep is 12 today, and we are so grateful to hit this milestone. We kicked off the celebration with eggs for breakfast. Our forecast today is KNOT good, sadly, but the weekend looks beautiful so we'll find some outdoor adventures for her. For now, here are some photos from the past week:

Her fairy godmother sent delicious treats!

51591701326_7c70258617_z.jpg

They were well received.

51591919088_72a0a9406b_z.jpg

We got some sunbathing in...

51590870967_6a402897b1_z.jpg

And a pawdicure...

51592590575_04806eae85_z.jpg

Plusalso a R-I-D-E! (Alas, not a car wash.)

51592360614_7f042f6dfb_z.jpg

We love this girl more than we can say and are so relieved cancer hasn't stolen her spirit. Every day with her is a gift, but today we celebrate extra. :heart 

Edited by ramonaghan

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

:yay Sweep! You are FAB-ROO-LOUS. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Oh Sweep :kiss2 Twelve is indeed the swellest :confetti  What a great start to your birthday weekend celebration - eggs, treats, rides, awesome! We love you, Sweep!!

She has The Most expressive face. Can you just fill in that convo bubble :rofl 

Did yu peepl KNOT no iz mai birfday? Wot the flock!

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

13 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Oh Sweep :kiss2 Twelve is indeed the swellest :confetti  What a great start to your birthday weekend celebration - eggs, treats, rides, awesome! We love you, Sweep!!

Did yu peepl KNOT iz mai birfday? Wot the flock!

:rofl I thought exactly the same thing when I saw that face!

:confetti :pepper :b-day :baloons :beatheart:beatheart

1 minute ago, Remolacha said:

:confetti :pepper :b-day :baloons :beatheart:beatheart

Ruh ro, I fixed that typo :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

24 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Did yu peepl KNOT no iz mai birfday? Wot the flock!

I was thinking "Be a dear, would you, and bring me another mai tai." But yours is probably more accurate. :rofl 

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

7 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

I was thinking "Be a dear, would you, and bring me another mai tai." But yours is probably more accurate. :rofl 

Oh that is soo her :rofl  Perhaps first the :wife then the request! :rofl

:confetti  :confetti  :confetti  :confetti  :confetti 

!!!!!!!!!!!!HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Happy 12th Birthday, Sweep!  We all love you! 

Rocket would say to tell you that ice cream is KNOT just for birthdays.  Ice cream is every night at 8:15 PM sharp! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Happy 12th birthday to the fabulous Sweep! :balloonparty

I am so glad she's doing well and being well spoiled. I think the pedicure picture looks like the service is just not up to her standards. :lol:

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

7 hours ago, Remolacha said:

Me too. :lol: 

Happy 12th Sweep!

It's so awesome that you are able to enjoy your celebration and treats! Minus the pawdicure, of course.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hooray for Sweep's birthday!  :yay 

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you, frens! Sweep had a faboo birthday, and best of all NO thunderboomers as predicted, just rain. Today we are snoozing in the sun, sniffing the fall air, and enjoying the beautiful weather and long-awaited cooler temperatures!

51594993882_187cd2a83b_z.jpg

51596475559_dc06ba33b4_z.jpg

Edited by ramonaghan

Happy birthday to roo
Happy birthday to roo
Happy birthday, dear Sweeeep
Happy birthday TO ROOOOOOOOO

Chin rests and tail wags from Jeter (mellow baritone), Milo (high tenor), and Gelsey (shrill shriek combination of air brakes and nails on chalkboard)

Beautiful girl, get your money's worth napping on the porch today in your beautiful blue harness in the beautiful fall weather

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Happy birthday Sweep! It looks like the celebrations were fabulous, as is befitting. :wub:

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl.