Need a spook harness--where do I get one?

Scoutsmom

I recently adopted a beautiful, sweet boy I've named Reggie.  He is very timid, not quite a spook, but almost.  He is fine in the house and back yard but is terrified out in the big scary world.  Unfortunately there are times when I need to take him places, such as the vet and maybe play group.  I am terrified that he is going to slip out of his harness and be gone.  I have seen pictures of hounds with a special harness that cannot be slipped out of--there is an extra strap around the tuck.  Does any one know where I can purchase one?

Probably the Freedom No-Pull harness from 2 Hounds.  https://2houndsdesign.com/product-category/shop-now/freedom-no-pull-harness/

I purchased this for Petunia who used to pull on walks and would also refuse to walk once she decided that she was done.   With just a collar I was afraid of hurting her when things got a little stubborn.  This harness was great and allowed me to get her moving again without injury. There are sizing instructions on the site. 

I only needed to use the harness with one leash connection. It is capable of 2 connections if you need them. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I use the Two Hounds Harness with the double lead.  It is actually less expensive on Chewy than buying it from two hounds.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Ditto to the Flagline.

We don’t have a spook, but a front-amp tripod and it is very secure.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

The Houndstown Safety Harness is the best I have used for a spook - it has the extra third strap around the waist, and you can get a leash from them with a double snap, so you can attach it to the harness and collar as a back up. For a general harness for greyhounds, the 2Hounds Freedom No-Pull Harness is my favorite. They also have the double snap leash. 

You can also use a coupler to attach his harness and collar together, with the idea that if he slips one, he would still be attached to the other. 

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com