Rosie (WW's Take Back) October 1, 2010 - September 16, 2021

Rosie

Hello Everyone. I'm a long-time lurker and a very rare poster. Thank you to this board for being a resource for me through my Rosie's life. 

My dear Rose passed very suddenly on Thursday afternoon while spinning and dancing in the backyard, greeting me as I came home from work. One second she was there, then next she was gone. I'm absolutely devasted but I'm so glad that she was with me for 8 years. 

She raced in Iowa, then Florida, and then Alabama and flunked out likely because she didn't really understand that she was supposed to be following the bunny, not the other dogs. We were very lucky to have a greyhound playgroup about 45 minutes away where she showed that she really just loved running beside other dogs, not ever being first. She loved running though, was very quick in spite of her incredibly bouncy step. She was always very hoppy (straight up from standing still even) and on the rare occasions when she wanted to pull on the lead, she would hop up, thinking that that would work (physics was not her strongest subject). 

Rosie was hilarious. She loved when people laughed and would join in with her smiley face, and she was good with a prank, her favourite being to hog-tie her Auntie with her leash on our morning walks (it was purposeful and she was laughing I swear). My mother nicknamed her The Princess and the name stuck because it was so appropriate. She was very spoiled and very loved and had a huge fan club in the neighbourhood and beyond. I could go on and on and on with all of the stories but she was a true joy in all her wonderful quirkiness and love.

I will miss her terribly, as will her extended family, her cat sister Ruby, her bestest Auntie Krista and her absolutely BFF Hope (border collie-husky-basset hound-beagle), and everyone else she came across. Run free my darling girl. 

Rosie car compressed.jpg

Rosie portrait compressed.jpeg

Such a pretty girl.  I will add Rosie's name to the list of Bridge Angels here on Greytalk. She will be in good company.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Those eyes, and cheese triangle ears :beatheart I am so sorry Rosie has received her wings :grouphug

Godspeed sweet girl.  

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Rosie was such a gorgeous girl! 

Our boy Rocket also enjoyed a good prank and laughed all the time, so I totally get your description of that.  

Run-free, Rosie. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so incredibly sorry that your funny girl had to leave so suddenly and so young.

Godspeed Rosie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:f_whiteI am so sorry for your sudden loss. She was clearly a very sweet, very special girl. Run free dear Rosie! :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words. I've always been quiet on chatboards, not thinking I had much to say, but know that I've loved and grieved your special ones as well and they've touched my heart through the years. Seeing how helpful this is to hear from The Greyhound Cult who truly understand, I'll speak a bit more in support. Thank you so much everyone. 

I've had a lot of support and so many people have told me how much they loved her. It's painful but worth it for every moment I had caring for that funny little soul. 

Johanna

Rosie sounds like she was a treat to have around and your years together were treasured. Rosie, physics was never my strong suite either (aka "only thing I ever flunked in my life") and I would have loved to see you run. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Beautiful tribute for your beautiful, smiling girl.  Godspeed, Rosie.  I bet you bounced and spun all the way to the bridge.  

and flunked out likely because she didn't really understand that she was supposed to be following the bunny, not the other dogs.

She probably understood fine.  It just wasn't as much fun.  

:grouphug

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your lovely Rosie.  

Remember all the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Well, I have to say “What a way to go, spinning and dancing and delighted to see you”!  Whilst a dreadful shock for you, you know that in her last moments she was happy, loving you and knowing that you loved her. Frankly I could think of worse scenarios. You and many others have many happy memories of Rosie, keep them in your heart.

Carol.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.