Aiden (SE's Aiden T) 4/26/09-9/12/21

FiveRoooooers

My young man has received his wings. The newest, brightest star tonight belongs to the kindest, most intuitive boy ever :heart It is just so fitting that tonight we are forecast for thunder. The Mayhem at the Bridge Reunion will be deafening. So many campers, most especially Paddy, and your dear friend Ginny have been waiting for you :weep 

Aiden rainbow 7 8 17

Aiden's story

Paddy Mayhem was already reserved to become a camper, but something nudged me take another look and there was Aiden - newly retired and not yet spoken for. He was a plain red brindle hound but the *face* and his bloodlines are what sealed it for me: Kiowa Sweet Trey and Oswald Cobblepot on top, P’s Raising Cain on the bottom. It doesn’t get any better and I told Kelly, “I want him too.” Aiden was my collateral hound :heart The boys rode the hauler on a three-day journey from St. Louis to Connecticut with 38 LWFs!

There are an equal number of stories describing Aiden the comedian, who possessed a unique and humble sense of humor, as there are stories about kind and intuitive Aiden, who earned his CGC and was a devoted Pet Partner, sharing his joy and gifts to everyone he met along that path. He was such a curious and honest boy with the broadest and most sincere smile; if I hadn't been in love with his name, I would have called him "Ernest" because that's the kind of fellow he was. I still laff recalling the silly boy who was a Rock and Bush Pooper who once sat on a stick, yielding himself a new one; Aiden’s first Christmas as a camper when he thought “The Best Day of Mai Life” was when he spread a box of Graham cracker crumbs throughout the living room; the Evil Paintbrush incident; mistaking mom’s glasses for chikken; diving into the Indoor Pool without regard for his own safety to save Bea’s flying crab :lol; riling up the Camp Greyhound Family Singers every time he heard a firetruck or ambulance. He brought his stuffies to the door, always dropping them before going outside, but inside he carried them everywhere! Coming in from outside he learned “Push” to open the door. When I couldn’t find him outside, chances were he was snacking on the yellow flowers along the fence line – what? Aiden! Leave it! Good boy!

Kindhearted, intuitive Aiden had that distinctive genius for knowing who needed him and when. He aced his CGC and Pet Partner exams - would he sit? All Day Long! Whether working as a therapy dog (where he often greeted his friends with a soft Rooo) or with mom, in a signature move Aiden would side-step into someone, carefully placing one foot at a time closer and closer until he was comfortably leaning into them and they into him for hugs. When he heard “Aiden’s Day!” he knew he was going visiting, to the clinic, or for a ride with mom. I would ask him “How is that, A, ok? AOK?” He was a quick study and learned to hydrate before visiting when I would say “Have some drink” and drop a biscuit into a bowl of water.  He was also the worst wet-floor-maker of any camper – water flew from the sides of his mouth and I could never keep up with mopping up the ocean. At home, he was considerate and careful with the senior campers yet in the next moment he could wrassle with Paddy and hold his own.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mpmYdc]51460198643_b6e244bb1d_z.jpg[/url]

Aiden had the most beautiful strong feet and they carried him through a successful career of 94 races, unbeatable in 15 of them including his Maiden at Wheeling Downs, moving steadily up from D/C to B/A and finishing at Sarasota. After sustaining an injury, his owners decided that he had done enough, and Aiden was retired and became a camper the day after his fourth birthday. Those beautiful feet would prove problematic, however; the tales of his amputated toes and “Aiden 1-5” and then “Aiden 1-4” are epic. No matter how many times he had to go to clinic he went in dipping his head, turning it slightly and smoothing his ears, and smiling! Aiden lived for Nylabones and it broke my heart during his last dental when he had so many molars removed that he had to give up those bones. The sweet boy also sprung a toe on a hind foot and as he aged that challenge would plague him as his LS progressed. PetSmart was running a jingle that we sang together – “I’d do anything for you, dear, anything, anything, for you” and indeed, we tried anything for A :heart

Recently, Aiden had begun laying down in two spots in the living room, always in one of two positions. At the same time, he had uncharacteristically started an outdoor projekt. His advanced kidney disease was rapidly progressing. Aiden and I had a talk and I prayed for a sign, which came very soon. Our bestest vet, who has known Aiden since the day he arrived eight years ago, was unable to help us but another kind soul from a different clinic came to Camp to give Aiden his wings. Aiden put himself on his couch and tucked his head to his left side. As he left so very peacefully, he was held and loved and heard our little song over and over … Aiden My Friend, Aiden My Friend. He was wrapped in his Angel fleece and took the few items that made Aiden Aiden: his other appendage - that Buffalo Chikken stuffy; green Gumby and red doggo stuffies from his dear friend and patient; Nylabone; treats; and one from mom: his first (of three) Pet Partner tags.

Annie and Punkin had enthusiastically greeted our guests and, when given the option, chose to go to their beds and stay with Aiden. Afterwards, Punkin went to Aiden and sniffed him all over; Annie looked at him and had clearly already said her goodbyes. There was nothing but respect from both of them for their friend. There are now only two, exactly as our Camp had been when Seamie :heart :brokenheart and TPGIT were waiting for Paddy Mayhem and Aiden to arrive so very long ago. Or was it yesterday? :weep

I’ve said before that the campers have the best friends, and I cannot adequately express my sincere gratitude to those who carried us through this heartbreaking time, some of whom were and are dealing with their own sorrow and struggles.

Godspeed young man. Aiden My Friend, Aiden My Friend. My collateral boy. Thank you for everything. There is no doubt the thunder last night was the Bridge Reunion Mayhem and I know the feast you all enjoyed was prepared with extraordinary love by our Soos Chef :heart :brokenheart and his helpers. Until we meet again, sweet boy.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mpqzPZ]51460903795_c4d8fc39fc_z.jpg[/url]

eta, Unbelievably, this is Bea's song but now also Aiden's song. Perhaps it is the song for Camp Greyhound CT:weep :beatheart

Edited by FiveRoooooers
Aiden's story added.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry :(:(:(:grouphug 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

I'm so sorry, Jan.  

It's going to be quite a week at The Bridge.  The Brothers Mayhem are back together and Miss Petunia will be there to keep them under control and be the Fun Police. I hope all of our friends who were already there are rested up and ready for this. Thunder, indeed. 

Run-free Aiden. You were a fantastic brother, camper, and took great care of your Mom. You are really going to be missed here.  :brokenheart

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Aiden 1-4 no more. He is healthy and whole again. Rest well, sweet boy, and enjoy your reunion. Please give your momma a sign. 

Cousin Sweep and I send our love and sympathy. :grouphug :brokenheart 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry Aiden had to leave.  :cry1       f_yellow

Run Free Aiden!    Enjoy creating mayhem at the Bridge! 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Oh no no no! Not Aiden 1-4! I'm so sorry that your incredibly special boy had to leave so early.

Godspeed Aiden.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Oh No...  

Run free Aiden....

Gentle hugs to your Momma.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Jan,  I’m so so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh, Jan, I am so sorry to hear this news. Like Don said, he certainly will be in good company.  :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:f_whiteI am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet boy. Run free, dear Aiden! :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Oh, Jan!   No!!!  Not sweet Aiden!!!

I'm so sorry it was his time to leave............  :weep 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Miss. Jan, we ar reellee sad to read this tuday. We know that yu mayde Aidan happee and he mayde yu happee tu and yu will miss him lots and lots. We awl will.

We ar sending likky  kissis,

Chancey and Nutmeg

and luv frum Mum.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

• FiveRoooooers changed the title to Aiden (SE's Aiden T) 4/26/09-9/12/21

Thank you all :bighug

Aiden was the last of the second generation of Camp Greyhound CT campers. I can't even go there. The Girls and I will soon be starting a fresh chapter at a new Camp Greyhound (XX) and I know that all of our angels will be watching over us. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Your GT fans will be watching too. :grouphug 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Jan, this is a beautiful and fitting tribute to a very special boy.  I remember meeting Aiden for the first time.  There was a nobility about him and a gentleness that was so sweet.   I know how much you will miss him.  Paddy and Aiden made a great team.  They are together, both healthy and happy again.  All my thoughts are with you.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy