Elegant Lady and Greyhound Art Deco Style Pin

Annette

I am not sure if is the correct area to post.  If it needs to be moved , please do so.

Our house was broken into and trashed.  As we sift through and clean the mess or just go to the spot where something was kept, we discover more stuff that was stolen.  

One item that was discovered missing probably isn't worth a whole lot monetarily, but is priceless to us was a pin that I won at the 2005 Dewey Beach Gathering.  I believe the pin might have been called something like the "Elegant Lady and Greyhound" pin.  

I have attached the best picture that I have of it.  I hope someone might recognize it and would have a better picture or know who may have sold them.  I am trying get pictures and descriptions (and current values) of items stolen for insurance.

Thanks for any help.

Annette

art deco greyhound pin  cropped.jpg

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, cleptogrey said:

If the pin was Sterling and hand crafted I would value it at $85-100. 

Look on eBay under vintage greyhound pins. 

I don't think it was vintage.

I actually saw one like it on a greyhound group's Facebook page auction, but of course that was before I knew mine was stolen.  Of course I can't remember which group had it in their auction.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

If you Google 'lady greyhound brooch' and/ or 'lady greyhound pin' and then click on 'images' many many different designs will be shown as photos, with links to the webpages those come from. I hope you will be able to identify your design, and maybe even somewhere to buy a new one!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Oh, Annette, how terrible! I'm so sorry this happened!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown