Sweep update: Amp on Monday

Thank you. Dropped her off at 7, now just waiting for the surgeon's call to go over the schedule. I emailed last night to check on the Amicar and she replied quickly that yes, Sweep would get it this morning and during surgery, and we'd be sent home with some this time. 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pacing anxiously along with you. Bakandforthbakandforthbakandforth

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Okay, phew. They had an emergency come in, so they couldn't call me right away. She's fine, been in recovery for about an hour now. Did well with anesthesia; has thin greyhound skin! They'll call tomorrow morning between 9 and 11 with another update. She might or might not come home tomorrow. The surgeon did say that because she has still been using that leg it might take her a little bit longer to adjust. Time will tell.

Thanks for baknforfing with us this very long day! ❤️

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

Whew!

Still backandforthing until she's home.

ETA: I hope they saved the bandage art for you. :lol: 

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

So glad to see this update.  I feel like I'm waiting to hear about one of my own. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:wubsiteand especially Sweep!  :beatheart

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

We ar keeping ower pawsis Xxed fower a speedee  rekuvveree fower Sweep.

:ghplaybow Wagz frum Chancey and Nuttymeg in Reel Engaland.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Is it 9:01 yet?  :)  

has thin greyhound skin!

non, serieusement?  (Sweep deserves an elegant version of "no @$##, Sherlock")

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

54 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Is it 9:01 yet?  :)  

Not here but they called early. We're planning to pick her up this afternoon. Physically she is comfortable but she's very anxious there and they think she'll be better at home. She's also struggling to figure out tripodding so they've had to carry her out to potty. :weep She'll take a few steps with a sling, but she's just freaked out. Poor girl. She had a hard time with the cast too but we saw some improvement over the weekend. Hopefully home will make the difference. :unsure

Rachel, just remember that the first two weeks are REALLY difficult, and then she will turn the corner and slowly return to her normal self.   Sending :grouphug to you and Sweep!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.