SLIM 12/21/99 - 8/15/06 My partner FOREVER...

racindog

Slim, another year has slipped by- that makes 15 years total! since your earth suit died and you went into spirit mode.  And thats fine.  One of the major things you have taught me is that you (and other bridge angels) actually have MORE power from the other side than you did when you were here in your earth suit.  
Still I think of you always-several times a day. It is impossible not to...
  *I see ChiChi's pictures, 
  *or MWD Gabe's pictures
     - and I am reminded of the above lesson YOU taught me because they are achieving far more and spreading far more love now as spirit dogs than they ever were able to do when they were here
  *I see one of the many signs that you send me that often have special messages embedded in them.  I need that! Thank you so much Slim. Keep 'em coming!
  *I am keenly aware of your presence and can feel you watching and helping me as I team with other dogs-other very 'serious' working dogs- do serve our fellow man as you did.  You know that I still don't know your whole story---I think that someday at the right and perfect time you will tell me.  But perhaps not-there has always been a little bit of mystery with you and that's OK to.  You did tell me that your name had been Ruthless and knowing your personality and character that tells me a lot and explains a lot.
  *I know-and can feel- you are protecting us just as you did before. 
  *I have even encouraged a working dog: 'You got to do this. Don't worry Slim will help you. Ask Slim and he'll help you. Slim is a real deal warrior dog." As I said you are ALWAYS with me still. Never one day when you were here in body did we ever spend apart-nor will we ever now.
  *You are even now-even among police dogs- alfa.  However, as before, it is no source of conflict because your true and good motive is abundantly obvious. You are a born leader and that is on full display.  
  * I can't help but notice some of your working dog traits in my maligators K9 REBA & K9 Turbo.  Turbo likes to lay in the big bedroom on the foot of the bed beside the window like you did. I told him how that was one of your favorite spots because you could keep watch there but he already knew. He is fiercely protective as you are as well. In fact you two are a lot alike and neither of you two would ever be out of the fight.  He is like you quick to get angry and when faced with conflict will escalate-NOT de-escalate with an innate drive to guard and hunt and bite......all very valuable protection dog traits that are carefully and genetically selected for.  Its why dogs like you don't really make it in the pet world but rather answer to a different calling. Which I just realized again that YOU PICKED ME Slim.  Thank God you picked me.  Another of your lessons you taught me: that dogs pick the people-not vice versa.  Amazing how that all works out so perfectly! I & K9 Reba & Turbo work trying to find evidence to put bad people away where they can't hurt others-we are all sheepdogs like you. What a pack we have!

And as I sit here just thinking on all this it still hurts so that you had to leave BUT what I just now am realizing is that you never really did.  THAT is the reason I still think about you all the time-not everyday or every week or every now and then, but all the time.  I think about you all the time because you really have never left!!! You are a part of me the same as my heart or lungs or mind or anything else.  Your presence is unmistakable. I will never forget how with one little curl of the lip you could completely disarm and disable malevolent intent. Or how you would back that up violently if needed like the time a bad guy tried to break into our home while I was at work. You had even cut up your mouth trying to get to the would be burglar-there was blood and damage and clearly violence. The other greyhound was so terrified he had evacuated his bowels as he ran to the bedroom which is where I found him hiding.  But you didn't run. You went on the offensive and drove off the bad guy- they did not gain entry thanks to you.  You are inside my heart. Our souls are in fact together. Hence even after another 15 years we will still be together and I will be thinking of you always.  And that is sooooo comforting to know. I will NEVER lose you.

You know when we first came together it was so obvious that you were a great gift.  But I had no idea. Here it is 15 years later and I am still leaning on you, trusting you, being taught things by you, and being loved and helped and protected by you on a real time basis-as are all the new dogs that have entered the family.  I no longer have any concern or fear about 'losing' you or your memories! Now I KNOW that we will indeed ALWAYS still be together and even more you will remain our pack leader blessing the new dogs that follow. Philippians 1:3 "I thank my God every time I remember you."  

slimfestport2[1]SMALLest.jpg

:grouphug  Donna :grouphug   Slim sure was a special boy and I know how you miss him.  Sending hugs :grouphug 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

They don't really leave, do they? Keep sending your Mom those signs, Slim. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life