I've made a website!

3 hours ago, Remolacha said:

What a nice vacation Buddy! And yes, cream first. You can’t have too much cream :chow

If I lived in England with daily access to scones and clotted cream I would weigh about 1000 lbs :lol

I am working on it :D

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

12 hours ago, Remolacha said:

And yes, cream first. You can’t have too much cream 

My father said it was always jam first. It's easier to put lots of clotted cream on thick strawberry jam than the other way round  :chow

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

2 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

My father said it was always jam first. It's easier to put lots of clotted cream on thick strawberry jam than the other way round  :chow

I think this is the Cornish way so I should be doing it this way at the minute, but I always just thought that the cream is a substitute for the butter, so it goes on first. I might be having another one today so I’ll give it a go in the interest of balance :D

Edited by MerseyGrey

10 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

Hmm, I see your father’s point, but jam is slippery too! Waiting to hear the results of the comparison experiment :lol

We got back from our holiday last night. I have a confession: I completely forgot to experiment with the jam/cream arrangement, and had all my cream teas with cream first. They were so delicious and moreish that I obviously didn’t feel the need to experiment further. I don’t want to come across as narrow-minded, but I don’t see the need to mess with the winning combination :D.

We had a lovely holiday, but it wasn’t the holiday we were expecting. It had already been postponed from last year due to covid, but at Christmas my brother in law (who lives in San Diego) announced that he and his wife were having their first baby, due August 6th so we knew that they wouldn’t be joining us (and it turns out they probably wouldn’t have come anyway - they say that the covid delta-variant is rampant in California at the minute and wouldn’t want to risk infecting anyone, least of all my parents in law. Baby Emery was born on 24th July.

It’s a seven-hour drive for us to Penzance where we were due to stay overnight before catching the Scillonian ferry early on Friday 13th :yikes. When we arrived on Thursday evening, we got a phone call from my MIL saying could she meet up with us. My parents in law had been staying in Penzance for a few days before sailing and had been pottering around a secluded cove, when my FIL tripped on a rocky beach, knocking himself unconscious. My MIL couldn’t get phone reception to contact the emergency services, but luckily there was a group walking the South West Coast path who contacted paramedics. They came very quickly, but couldn’t access where FIL had fallen, so he ended up being airlifted to Truro hospital. He had broken his nose, maxilla, a few ribs and chipped some vertebrae and was advised not to travel (and aside from that, his face swelled up to double it’s size so he didn’t really fancy gong out in public). My SIL had already sailed to Scilly, and the parents didn’t see the point in not using the holiday so we travelled to Scilly as planned. We saw my FIL yesterday on the drive home and he looks remarkably well and is quite chipper. He is very bruised but I think that is a lot to do with the fact that he is on warfarin for a heart condition (he is quite healthy even though it doesn’t sound like it!), but we hope he will mend very soon.

And so, we have booked again for next year when we hope that our American family will be able to join us. FIL has been advised by all offspring (and their spouses) to wrap himself in cotton wool for the next 12 months.

TL;DR: Buddy’s family holiday was dramatic!

• 5 weeks later...
On 9/20/2021 at 11:07 PM, EllenEveBaz said:

Next year, the entire extended family should throw themselves into researching the cream/jam question.  

I don’t think this will require much persuasion. 
Little update on the website - the subscribe button isn’t working and I have no idea how to get it to work. I had my best man (husband) on the job but he can’t get it to work either. So thank you to those who tried to subscribe, I will keep trying but if you don’t receive updates, that’s why