Introducing ...

Happy Kelsey/Fiona/Dyani  :confetti

She's a beautiful, beautiful 5-year-old red fawn girl.  She's met Milo and Jeter, and the boys made sure to pee over every place she did.  We toured the yard on leash, and she wasn't sure about the ornamental pool or the ouchy rosebush.  After the initial excited sniffs, Jeter isn't paying much attention to her.  Milo tried to run with her once I let her off leash, but she just wanted to explore.

Racing name Happy Kelsey.  Gable Dodge was a great-grandpappy, and she's got the trademark Gable Dodge eyes.  Racing kennel nickname Fiona.  Her first family named her Dyani,  which means deer in a Native American language.  I like shorter names, so she may go back to Kelsey or Kell, or she may tell me she prefers something else.   The name will sort itself out.  Much more urgent is deciding on her signature color for accessories.  She arrived with a mixture of pink, purple, and dark blue.

So lucky to get this girl.  Lucky that my long-time adoption program, Greyhound Friends of NC, is still operating and willing to adopt to me even though I've moved a little out of service area.  And she's here through the power of GreyTalk.  Time4aNap gave me a kick and told me to stop waiting for the universe to drop what I wanted into my lap and encouraged me to let people know what I was looking for.   Our own Macoduck is a volunteer for GFNC and alerted me the instant she heard that there might be a middle-aged female return.  She made sure I staked my claim so that nobody else could get their hooks into her.  Evidently I almost had to arm wrestle her foster family.   So Ducky is her fairy godmother.

The trip back was horrific, with 95 degree weather, a camp-out period in a crowded parking lot to wait out a thunder and hail storm, and backed-up traffic everywhere.  But we are home, and she is lying down a respectful distance from Jeter, giving the occasional adorable little snore.  

I'm hoping Ducky will post a few pics of her for me.  I'm so happy that Happy Kelsey is here.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Isn't she beautiful!  May be an image of dog and outdoors

218740025_3099359907055759_8034354974606

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:welcome  Welcome home Kelsey (or whatever name seems right).  I am so happy to be your Fairy Duckmother, er, Godmother.  :D

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Welcome home Kelsey/Fiona/Dyani!   You look like you are settling in quite well.    You are lucky to have Miss Ducky as a Fairy Godmother!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Top and bottom views are both beautiful! Congratulations to all of you!! 

:confetti

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Awesome! Congratulations to the whole family. And thank you Time4aNap and Fairy Dogmother macoduck.

Aside: In my world, 5 is still a baby. :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh how I love Gable Dodge / Dedgem hounds! 

She is gorgeous. Congratulations! 

@macoduck  If I didn't know better I would think that we are being called enablers...:lol

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Congratulations to you all on adopting such a beauty. Sh’s a lucky girl to have so many people looking out for her. Do all fawn hounds look like they are wearing eyeliner or is it specific to Gable Dodge progeny?

Accessorising your hound is very important. I think her green collar is very good match for her colour, although a vivid fuchsia pink would suit her just as well. She’s one of those girls who would probably look good in anything.

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

:wub: What a lovely girl - many congratulations! :balloonparty

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

CONGRATS!!!

that gable dodge sure does throw his genes- she's a dead ringer for my late sweet sweet annie ! and i'm sure she will be as delicious~ what's her weight? just curious.

enjoy- and jewel tone collars seemed to work best on the red fawns who took up residence here! for annie her go to collar was https://www.lupinepet.com/store/original-designs-martingale-collar

oh and my 2 cents- i like the name listed above- dyani- another ani? a dy? 

Edited by cleptogrey

12 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Much more urgent is deciding on her signature color for accessories. 

You said the truth.  Proper color accessorizing is a MUST!  She is beautiful and will wear any jewel tone beautifully.

:yay  Ducky!

8 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

If I didn't know better I would think that we are being called enablers.

If you're like me, you've been called worse in your day. ;)

Welcome Fiona/Kelsey/Violet :balloonparty

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Do all fawn hounds look like they are wearing eyeliner or is it specific to Gable Dodge progeny?

Neither.  :)  For example, my first two greys were both red fawns.  One had eyeliner, one not.  Neither one had Gable Dodge in their ancestry.  

Gable Dodge had the whole package -- proportionately large eyes, exotic eyeliner (think Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra) and dark eyebrows.  Gable Dodge

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

3 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Neither.  :)  For example, my first two greys were both red fawns.  One had eyeliner, one not.  Neither one had Gable Dodge in their ancestry.  

Gable Dodge had the whole package -- proportionately large eyes, exotic eyeliner (think Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra) and dark eyebrows.  Gable Dodge

She's beautiful, whatever her ancestry. I hope she's settling in well :wub:

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

welcome home! :kiss2 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Congratulations.  She is very beautiful.  Shine had Gable Dodge in her background.  She was a very dark brindle, but. she was beautiful as well.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

We are negotiating on names and colors.  I want to name her Tess or Lass, with accessories emerald green.  (PA's Shawneelass was adopted by a GT'er and called Lass.  She was a beautiful red fawn and I always thought that was a beautiful name.)  Happy Kelsey says that's way too serious; she feels more like a Kelsey, and peenk.  Although she is willing to compromise on pink with shades of rose and apricot.  

We do agree on a theme song:  Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

[Shine] was a very dark brindle, but. she was beautiful as well.

Nutmeg was a dark brindle.  I always wanted to take a picture of her fur, enlarge the pic, and put it on a wall as a piece of art.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

37 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

We are negotiating on names and colors.  I want to name her Tess or Lass, with accessories emerald green.  (PA's Shawneelass was adopted by a GT'er and called Lass.  She was a beautiful red fawn and I always thought that was a beautiful name.)  Happy Kelsey says that's way too serious; she feels more like a Kelsey, and peenk.  Although she is willing to compromise on pink with shades of rose and apricot.  

We do agree on a theme song:  Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Nutmeg was a dark brindle.  I always wanted to take a picture of her fur, enlarge the pic, and put it on a wall as a piece of art.

i currently have a Lassie- who i call Mango Lassie since every time i stood at the door and said, "Lassie! Lassie come home!!" i cracked up and visualized Timmy or his mom. Lass is a boy anyway. Mango Lassie is as delicious as the drink so it works.

another jewel tone collar, shucks they stopped making the jewel tone with hearts- but this one looked great on Annie as well https://www.lupinepet.com/store/original-designs-martingale-collar    this was my favorite- https://www.amazon.com/LupinePet-Originals-Heart-Martingale-Collar/dp/B00DA49G80?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00DA49G80&pd_rd_r=f1a33285-f480-45f7-8462-a3a11a59405a&pd_rd_w=PsNX7&pd_rd_wg=fS3ly&pf_rd_p=2dbf6b01-59ac-4489-80f4-80c8be124155&pf_rd_r=2VFTQ6809F3PY6M7S33Q

Matthew has a gazillion collars. Just click all items and keep scrolling and scrolling and scrolling....

https://www.greytcollar.com/shop

tiny hada siggy.png

Name will be Gelsey -- like the ballerina Gelsey Kirkland.  Sounds like Kelsey, except starts with a hard "g" instead of the almost identical "k".  

Today, Gelsey has pawed off and chewed part of a roll of toilet paper; torn up my bag of eyedrops, thank goodness only chewing and not puncturing any of the tiny bottles that cost me $500 each month; and charmed the pants off of everyone at the vet's.  Fecal negative.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg