Zippy Mullane 09.24.2009 - 07.06.2021

smurfette

I'm writing this with a heavy heart. On Tuesday morning last week Paddy came in from the garden where he was doing greyhound stuff with Saoirse and Abu, stumbled  into his bed, lost poor and urine and died 30 minutes later in my arms. 

We had him checked by his vet just some weeks ago and he came back with a clean bill of health, great bloodwork and looking and acting like a dog much younger than his age. 

Paddy was my heart dog. He was always happy and the funniest dog I ever met. He also loved his off lead walks and despite being a successful racer in his time he never strayed from my side. 

I adopted him in 2013. At that time I had a pack  of black greyhounds and was known as the woman with the big black boys in my adoption group. I mentioned that I wanted to adopt another greyt to our adoption coordinator (of course a big black boy) and some weeks later my phone rang. There was a woman on the phone who told me that she was the foster mum of my new boy. She described his character and refused to send me a picture but told me he was some kind of light black. Her description peaked my curiosity and I drove over to meet the light black dog. Turned out a light black dog was the most beautiful big blue greyhound I had ever seen. That day I gained a wonderful dog and a wonderful friend in his foster mum Martina. We are good friends till today. 

Paddy's ashes came home today. Farewell, my friend. Thank you for teaching me about trust, responsibility and so much about myself.

Hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight. We can't add more days to life but we can add more life to the days.  

41633365vs.jpg

41633364sf.jpg

(Pictures courtesy of my good friend  Sylvia Schaller, der-bordercollie.de)

Edited by smurfette

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

I am so very sorry :(:( Paddy was a wonderful boy.  The blue ones truly are special.  Sending many hugs :grouphug 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Nadine, I was shocked and sad to see Paddy's name on the Bridge Angels list for this month. I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. Paddy was such a beautiful boy, and you clearly loved each other very much. Cherish those photos and your happy memories. I hope Abu and Saoirse are doing okay without their buddy.

Rest well, Paddy. :grouphug 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry for the loss of your big blue boy.  He was a beauty!

Remember all the good times...and smile.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry that your extraordinary boy had to leave. The suddenness of his departure might have made it easier for him, but that doesn't help you. :grouphug And he was too young.

Godspeed Paddy.

Edited by GreyPoopon

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

There was something wrong with my computer screen earlier and I couldn't see to type :cry1 My deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your Paddy.  Those photos are priceless, as are the memories you created together. Nadine, I'm so sorry :grouphug :grouphug

What a great name, Zippy Mullane! Godspeed Paddy. The Mayhem was waiting to welcome you, I am sure of it. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

So sorry for your loss.  He was such a sweetie.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)