Attn: BABY!!!! ROCKET WANTS TO REMIND EVERYONE OF 2021 National French Fry Day!!!!

Rockets mom said Phoenix has a French Fry Festival on April 20. In a previous post about that, it was decided by several GT'ers that April 20 would be a good day to buy your greyhound some French Fries and share them in honor of Rocket and his obsession with French Fries. Well I keep missing his official day but since he would want any excuse to spoil your hounds more some of us have also been celebrating on Nat'l French Fry Day on July 13th.  So its that time again! :confetti  Another greyt excuse to spoil your hounds and honor Rocket who remains a much loved presence here on GT.  Recently in fact a beautiful houndie at Camp Broodie has enjoyed her first french fry and is now in the cult with the rest of us:

So be sure and not miss the chance to spoil your hounds again in honor of Rocket.  Many places including McDonalds are even giving away fries that day.  Lucky dogs!  Lucky dogs! Yum :beatheart  

32 minutes ago, racindog said:

Rockets mom said Phoenix has a French Fry Festival on April 20. In a previous post about that, it was decided by several GT'ers that April 20 would be a good day to buy your greyhound some French Fries and share them in honor of Rocket and his obsession with French Fries. Well I keep missing his official day but since he would want any excuse to spoil your hounds more some of us have also been celebrating on Nat'l French Fry Day on July 13th.  So its that time again! :confetti  Another greyt excuse to spoil your hounds and honor Rocket who remains a much loved presence here on GT.  Recently in fact a beautiful houndie at Camp Broodie has enjoyed her first french fry and is now in the cult with the rest of us:

So be sure and not miss the chance to spoil your hounds again in honor of Rocket.  Many places including McDonalds are even giving away fries that day.  Lucky dogs!  Lucky dogs! Yum :beatheart  

Unfortunately, the "baby" (Sadie Rose) attacked Petunia about 10 days after she arrived requiring lots of sutures and a trip to the E-Vet. She did not work out here but I am happy to report that she was adopted by someone and is living somewhere in California. We also determined that she was totally deaf and we think that she was actually in fear of many normal things.  We picked up on her deafness, but she needed a home without other dogs since she was always in a defensive mode trying to protect herself. We hear that she's doing well.  I;m sure her new home will provide lots of fries. 

This house has a long tradition of hounds who loved french fries. If we had a sign out front it might say "Over 2 Billion Served." :lol

Kate preferred to sit nearby and guard the fries

QmEGX2H.jpg

We also found that Starz loved french fries so we took every opportunity to have them.  Even though she was only here for 6 weeks before going to the bridge, she never missed a chance at a french fry. 

Starz - working the system

BjLUXdP.jpg

Petunia was just practicing for National French Fry Day 2 nights ago. (Older pic but same theme) 

2HGjwhZ.jpg

I don't have a picture handy of Trolley with fries, but I will guarantee that there are fries in my hand, just out of the frame of this picture. 

IYWpE4k.jpg

And of course, the master himself - Rocket

XfoKd9D.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:yay :beatheart :bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

2 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Unfortunately, the "baby" (Sadie Rose) attacked Petunia about 10 days after she arrived requiring lots of sutures and a trip to the E-Vet. She did not work out here but I am happy to report that she was adopted by someone and is living somewhere in California. We also determined that she was totally deaf and we think that she was actually in fear of many normal things.  We picked up on her deafness, but she needed a home without other dogs since she was always in a defensive mode trying to protect herself. We hear that she's doing well.  I;m sure her new home will provide lots of fries. 

This house has a long tradition of hounds who loved french fries. If we had a sign out front it might say "Over 2 Billion Served." :lol

Kate preferred to sit nearby and guard the fries

QmEGX2H.jpg

We also found that Starz loved french fries so we took every opportunity to have them.  Even though she was only here for 6 weeks before going to the bridge, she never missed a chance at a french fry. 

Starz - working the system

BjLUXdP.jpg

Petunia was just practicing for National French Fry Day 2 nights ago. (Older pic but same theme) 

2HGjwhZ.jpg

I don't have a picture handy of Trolley with fries, but I will guarantee that there are fries in my hand, just out of the frame of this picture. 

IYWpE4k.jpg

And of course, the master himself - Rocket

XfoKd9D.jpg

How precious :beatheart. I truly love French Fry Houndie Day. Couldn't tell you exactly why but there is so much love and happiness associated with it maybe thats it. I love taking time to remember Rocket & Lexie and all our old friends. They will never be forgotten.  Anyway give my love to all the fry hounds :heart I know the Rocket Man will be happy to.

We will mark the date on the calendar

Our newbie, Mario, enjoyed his first OhCanada French Fries yesterday    :chow

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Our newbie, Mario, enjoyed his first OhCanada French Fries yesterday

poutine?

All those intense faces in the pics :lol   Good to see Trolley

And good to hear good things about Sadie Rose

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

4 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

And good to hear good things about Sadie Rose

I was thinking this too. And I have somehow missed that there is a new hound at BatterseaBrindle’s place!

Buddy enjoyed Fry day last year so I will have to see what I can put together for him (although he had Christmas dinner today as we are having a belated Christmas celebration this weekend with family)

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

5 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

I was thinking this too. And I have somehow missed that there is a new hound at BatterseaBrindle’s place!

Mario....  9 year old SalukiX   

May be an image of dog and outdoors

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Snickers is here visiting so she and Petunia started celebrating early.  Thanks, Aunt Carol! 

v7nhEWm.jpg

hE4X5Nn.jpg

L9M3FfV.jpg

wexv0Sk.jpg

xkB3FnA.jpg

KXnt4GA.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:pepper:ghplaybowSPOIL YOUR HOUND ON FRENCH FRY DAY IN HONOR OF ROCKET:paw IS HERE!!!!!!!:confettiTODAY IS THE DAY!!!!!!!!!!! :guns

I will be going to the store on the way home and getting Octane, and honorary houndies (though not by blood) K9 REBA & Turbo, a more than sufficient quantity for a french fry feast :chow.

Love and kisses:kiss2 to all the french fry eating happy houndies! :beatheart

:yay It's heeer!!!!

Is it just me or does anyone else love to hear them chew! Buddy and his sweet tater fries :wub: 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 minute ago, MerseyGrey said:

Buddy and his hand fed sweet tater fries :rolleyes: .

Is there another way? :beatheart

17 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

It’s tea time here…

International FryDay

International FryDay

Buddy!  Way to chow down on those fries!  You are one handsome Dude.