Prepping for the fireworks

Last night, when the fireworks started in earnest, our Bette displayed what seemed like fear, and I'm wondering if we need to treat her with Trazadone in anticipation of the fireworks being worse tonight.  She is typically a very chilled out dog.  Last night, she retreated to the bathroom (very unusual) and was trembling.  Several times during the night when the fireworks woke me up, I checked on her and she was wide awake and alert, but was in her bed.  We have not noticed pacing, panting, etc.  My question is should we dose her with Trazadone tonight?  She has an Rx for 100mg, with instructions that she can have up to 150 mg.  This is an Rx from an incident that occurred when we had a foster dog here that resulted in a lot of turmoil for Bette.  

Thoughts?  We have Bach's RR, and Melatonin.  But I am not confident that they will be much help.  There will be A LOT of fireworks tonight all around us, and we are close to downtown Nashville, where there is a huge display that will go off at sunset.  It is about 5 miles away, but we see and hear it at our house, plus the neighborhood is full of people setting them off at all hours.  I hate this part of the 4th!

Another thing that I wonder about is the wisdom of treating her preemptively to avoid any kind of PTSD from the fireworks.  She is not storm phobic, and this is only our 2nd fireworks holiday with her, so I don't have a lot of experience with her on this front.  A friends little dog seems to be forever scarred by fireworks, and I just don't want that for her.  So while she could be presenting with much worse firework fear/phobia, I want to both prevent her from suffering tonight, as well as prevent a currently not-too-terrible problem from potentially getting worse.  Am I overthinking this?

It sounds like she did react to what she heard last night, and as you said, tonight will be worse. I would go ahead and give her a dose since you have it. You might also want to put a dog bed or rug or something soft in the bathroom so she can go to what she has chosen as her save room. 
I have seen much worse reactions, but there is no need for her to be afraid, and it could escalate.

I just hate fireworks.

15 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

It sounds like she did react to what she heard last night, and as you said, tonight will be worse. I would go ahead and give her a dose since you have it. You might also want to put a dog bed or rug or something soft in the bathroom so she can go to what she has chosen as her save room. 
I have seen much worse reactions, but there is no need for her to be afraid, and it could escalate.

I just hate fireworks.

Thanks Rem.  That is my instinct as well.  Just needed a some validation.  And since its 5:30pm, the booms will be starting soon.  She just ate dinner, peed and pooped, so I think I'm gonna go ahead and dose her.