Disappointing visit to the Nature Center

The Cleveland Metroparks Nature Center in the Rocky River reservation allows dogs. They even keep dog treats at the front desk.

At least, they used to.

After being closed for over a year for COVID, the Nature Center has just reopened. So I took Logan in for a visit. He marched right up to the front desk and looked expectantly at the receptionist. She apologized that she didn't have anything for him.

I let Logan stand there and stare for a few more seconds, then called him away.

So much for the myth that dog's memory only goes back 5 minutes :-)

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

😂😂😂.  That’s been our experience with memory as well…..the ice cream man last summer had doggie ice cream.   Yes, please…..when the ice cream truck music was heard this year they both jumped up and ran for the door only to discover they did not stock (but would try to add soon) doggie ice cream.   

Went to Tractor Supply with EQ the other day to pick up a bag of his food. He loves TS because he gets attention and, most importantly, a treat at check out. 

They were out of his food, so we left and he didn't get his treat. Took him a while to get over it, poor guy.

They don't forget anything ever.  For years after we moved to Phoenix, Rocket would go bananas at the sound of the engine of a UPS or FEDEX truck.  The UPS guy in IL always had the big Milk Bones on his truck and would even stop to see us when we were out on our walks if he didn't have a package to deliver to our house. Rocket would jump into the truck to get his cookie.  The AZ UPS drivers say they aren't allowed to give out treats, but Rocket never gave up trying every time he heard those truck engines. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

9 minutes ago, MerseyGrey said:

They never forget anything when it involves food! I wish the same applied to training. It’s like ‘50 first dates’ in this house :rolleyes:

They don't forget training, they just choose when to remember :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

:lol

They can also count. Remember not to try giving them two biscuits the night after you've given them three!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

7 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

They don't forget training, they just choose when to remember :D

:nod  

I try to keep treats in my purse or pocket in case the dump guy forgets to give Mercury his :dogcookie

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

I let Logan stand there and stare for a few more seconds, then called him away.

Obviously, the dogs will have to retrain the servants staff to remember.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter