• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Mercsmom said:

Ooh!  We kin ware dem to Dewey!  ca1a20_325c574ca2fb402da3ddd0413e0b1904~

OK!  I  will be sure that Momma packs mine!   :beatheart :beatheart :beatheart 

three girls pink flowers halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Charlie, Mama iz wif yu.  She iz a winter and Fall hooman at hart!  She sez da heet iz juss too hard to deel wif.  She wud take January any day!  Ah fink she iz crazy...uhm...maybe a Fruutcake?  Ah fink sumwun she NOO an lubbed calt her dat - sumwun who mite habz been mah uncle.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Wiki...we lubz doze collars!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Ms Lizabeff!! Yooze being tricksy! :lol I lub it! 

5 hours ago, Mercsmom said:

I give you.... the Desert of Maine! :sowhat

https://www.desertofmaine.com/

WUT. I lib in Maine and hab nebber herd ob dis. I tode mummy and asked iffen we can go see it, and she gabe me a look and sed:

1. People everywhere;

2. KIDS everywhere;

3. Noise.

4. No trees.

5. Never gonna happen.

6. Go lie down.

ca1a20_e9f6c83fb4554c31a4e4b56800204dde~

3 hours ago, jenners said:

I can't look at lupines without laughing because I remember the Monty Python episode in which "Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, riding through the land, Dennis Moore, Dennis Moore, without a merry band", rides through the land stealing lupines from the rich https://tinyurl.com/4nv3hupk

Haha yes! Shut up! This is a hold-up, not a botany lesson! :rofl 

9 hours ago, locket said:

I "think" the true greyhound as we know of it now comes from England. I am sure the other ladies here know more!

Mummy says Who are you calling a lady? Speak for yourself!  :lol: ca1a20_e735df1297b74133a8c5b454ccc86ec0~Sheeze on a roll today. Currekshin: SHe finks sheeze on a roll tooday. Sheeze habbing won ob dose daze when she finks she's ebber so funny and witty. Yoo keep telling yurownself dat, mummy. 

Wiki, yoo look soopah stylitsh in yur noo collahs. :wub:

Ivy, mummy wuz reeding an article in The Guardian yesserday dat wuz all about wut yooze guys is deeling wiff rite now - deffnink noise and beeg flying insekks wiff red eyeballs flying on yoo! hmmh2qzlk6fjcl-SNUMYUBRdyyQ_QdgZckYr7n7Tek5nhp68BFc7LC33F93fUiFS8TkTtuqAfydKq03vi3sJdLHwRwqfQwzXtYcccbA-HEGknGCWpryZeb_MnQQMTE5eEbHff-dl I am KNOT sure I wood like dat.  :unsure Ennyway da article wuz all about peepuls wiff phobias hoo juss want to leeb and go sum place where dere is no cicadas :lol  Dat muss suck. BUTT, da end is in site, rite? Like, in 6 moor weeks... ooh. Dat sounds like a long time. 
I bet dey're joocy and proteen rich doh! Mebbe day're noms? Hmm. I no, why don't yoo try to grab won in yur mouff and cronch down, den lettice no iffen it taste like chikken  :lol: 

OMG! FancyTwo! Yooze braking me haaart!  Don't be sad, frend. Yoor daddiman will be bak afoor yoo no it! And mebbe soon yoo get to hab adbenchurs to tell us about in a diffrint state!   

Well, I wuz stuck to me mummy like a fly to poo lass nite. She wuz gone frum 8:15 in da morning to 1 ob da clok pee emm! I wuz about to disspare when she FINALLY came back. Phew! Fawt I'd lost her dare fur a while. Or dat mebbe she didn't remember da way back? Or she deecided to leeb meeeeeee  BUTT she came back ca1a20_a9fb8f280a784df4ba49c3e4edad41ef~ I eben tried to fall asleep wiff me schnoz pooshed rite up against her nek, witch mummy fawt wuz adorbs, eggsept KNOT so much considering I hab sleep staahtle and she did KNOT want her face eeten in da middle ob da nite. 

Pippin

gallery_15587_3582_3452.jpg

Kerry with Pippin (Paid Vacation), adopted 4/15/2017
Missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin (PA's Paris), the biggest Love I've ever known, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan (Leon B) :brokenheart :brokenheart, every single day.

1 hour ago, MerlinsMum said:

Ivy, mummy wuz reeding an article in The Guardian yesserday dat wuz all about wut yooze guys is deeling wiff rite now - deffnink noise and beeg flying insekks wiff red eyeballs flying on yoo! hmmh2qzlk6fjcl-SNUMYUBRdyyQ_QdgZckYr7n7Tek5nhp68BFc7LC33F93fUiFS8TkTtuqAfydKq03vi3sJdLHwRwqfQwzXtYcccbA-HEGknGCWpryZeb_MnQQMTE5eEbHff-dl I am KNOT sure I wood like dat.  :unsure Ennyway da article wuz all about peepuls wiff phobias hoo juss want to leeb and go sum place where dere is no cicadas :lol  Dat muss suck. BUTT, da end is in site, rite? Like, in 6 moor weeks... ooh. Dat sounds like a long time. 
I bet dey're joocy and proteen rich doh! Mebbe day're noms? Hmm. I no, why don't yoo try to grab won in yur mouff and cronch down, den lettice no iffen it taste like chikken  :lol: 

Ummm, Pippin,  I don't know about that..... I know!  I will ask Cherry to grab won!   After all, she snapped at won the other day!  She'll eat anything!  :rofl 

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png knot so sure about eating insekts

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Hola.  It haz bin borin heer.  An hot.  An sad.  Mom an Dads deer frend Misser Jim died on Toosday.  He had bin bery bery sick fer qwite a wile, but he kept hangin in there an bein bery brabe.  But I gess he wuz just too tayard to go on.  An owr harts ar brakin fer Miss Nancy, who wuz takin kare ob him so debotedly alla this thyme.  She is in Boston, an Mom wishes she cood go see her.  Mebbe that is possibel, si?  Misser Jim wuz one ob the best hoomans eber, an we will all miss him so.  Wonce, when Mom an Miss Nancy went to Spane, an Mom came back fru Boston, Misser Jim brot her a fresh lobster sammich.  An she got to eat it wile she wuz watin a long thyme fer her neckst plane.  She sed it wuz hebben. :beatheart  He wuz a lobster man.

We are habbin owr nayborhood yard sale this weekend.  Peeple are rilly eggcited, cawse, ob corse, it dint happin last yeer.  Dad is obsessed. He haz bin werkin all week, an Mom is eben werkin too, gettin lotsa stuff owt to the garawge.  It it duznt do good, Dad will be depressed. :(

Mom hadda go to the dentist today.  She got by wiff a fillin insted ob a crown fer her brokin toofer, an she is glad.  But that wuz an eggspensib bag ob toffee peenuts!

We are shure lovin alla the flower pics!  An birfday sammiches!  An a kewt baby!

An Miss Elizabeth, you shure are crafty!  Mom is still doin her beeds too, abowt all she is still doin.

Oh, Miss Chris, we shure hope you are makin progriss wiff yer eyes!  It haz bin a looong thyme.

Wow, Wiki, you look gorjus in yer collars!  We allays love red, but are bery serprised how beeeeyoutiful the yellow is on you.

Ja, ja, Pippin, yer Mom is KNOT a fan ob the desert!

Mom is inna room wiff the chilly bocks.  An we dont get to be there till affer last owt.   I wooda put a bery grumpy emoti heer, but they hab disappeered.

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Ennyway da article wuz all about peepuls wiff phobias hoo juss want to leeb and go sum place where dere is no cicadas. There aren't any here!

Oh, those toffee peanuts, Miss Nancy :shakefinger

I hab sleep staahtle and she did KNOT want her face eeten in da middle ob da nite.  A reasonable concern :nod

Miss Jennie

gallery_13080_2897_2816.jpg

Sending warm and loving hugs to all who have ever loved and lost an animal friend
Miss Jennifer, Hooman, Miss Luna, Gimme Pig, and Misser Neville, Hedgamahog
Hedgehog Welfare Society

Miss Nancy we are so sorry that you losted another friend so soon affer your last loss.  We sure are sending you lots and lots of hugs and every good thot!!!!  :bighug

Mister Pippin I think I can safely say that there are probly not many peeple that would like their face eated off!!!!  ;)

Miss Wiki I just LOVE that yellow collar!!!  Where did you get it??

Miss Ivy, we sawed a thing on teevee that was saying for peeples to NOT use bug sprays on those cicci-things cause dogs could get poisoned if they eat em!!!  *I* think they'd be gross, but Flizzie would eat one I know!!!  :puke

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

:coffee Good morning!

It's me! Cherry!   It is rainy raining and cool this morning!    All the cicadas are bery quiet cuz it is so cool, but when we came back from my pre-brekkie potty break there wuz one on our front porch and he BUZZED at us for disturbing him!    I don't know about eating them tho......

Now I habs had my brekkie and  I am waiting to see how much ob Momma's brekkie I can get!

Cherry 51034520827_d1fe195323_o.png 

Pippin - Don't eet yur momma's face off.  ca1a20_01c46c7952814fd99d7ac4a69e620c84~  How wud she feed yu?

Wiki - Mummy sez at yella collar is faboo on yu!

Aw, Miss PittsNancy, dat's sad. :(

Cherry, yu shud do a taste test!

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

TGIF! Well! Luks like da board got upgraded obernite!

Mizz Nancy Berg, remember da number one rule ob yard sales--iffn it came owt ob your howse, don't put it back iffn it don't sell! Trash it or donate it.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:coffee

I've been trying to catch up but am still woefully behind.

Dog dynamics in the house are a noticeable change. Although Rita is oblivious, Lulu has become much more engaging. All of them are more relaxed. Charlie had been sick for a very long time and growing more anxious gradually each day. He was ready to go.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

Today Rita and Hada are at doggy day camp. A contractor will be repairing the damage to our ceiling in 2 places, made when the AC guys replaced our ancient duct work. The sheetrock guy is a cousin of the AC guy and the repair will be at no charge. When sheetrock guy came to take a look and see how extensive the repair would be, I learned that his fiancee has stage 3 breast cancer. She's only 40. Although I explained my breast cancer knowledge was limited to imaging, not chemo or radiation, he just needed someone to talk to about what they were going through.

Hopefully Rita and Hada can return home early this afternoon.

I only have a couple of photos from MH and will try to post them later, which usually means I'll forget :rolleyes:

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

9 minutes ago, macoduck said:

Today Rita and Hada are at doggy day camp.

Yeah, but will they bring you home a handmade lanyard?

In the effort to "debulk" the house, Richard finally gave me permission to get rid of the "couch painting", a huge monstrosity of the Brooklyn Bridge.  You know those sales they have at motels for oil paintings?  That kind.  So, I"m also getting rid of his Tiki  painting.  It's this ludicrous kitch print done in deep turquoises.  I love the colors.  I love the kitsch.  I made up a listing for giving it away on craiglist.  I thought I'd look up the artist, just in case.  Guess what.  The print is fairly rare and, though they made thousands, they're hard to find for someone who wants one.  I went back and changed it to a sale and listed it for $150.  Who knows?

Guess I should have take a better photo.

199037260_10159699252368910_105721106469

We have this weird stuff falling from the sky!  No it's knot cicadas cuz we don't have them. It seems to be WET and is making what I think I remember are called "puddles" on the driveway. This is weird. Last time something fell from the sky it was snow--only a very slight exaggeration. I'm knot sure what is happening but I put my little potted ivy (knot our Ivy) outside to enjoy it. 

$150?  Really?  Oh my. Just. Oh. My. But yea for doing your research. 

Edited by Patsy

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Merc, I was hoping for a SitUpon (remember that from being a Brownie?), but no arts n crafts class scheduled today.

To prove that I am regaining my sense of humor:  Whilst the sheetrock guy repairs the ceilings I will have no access to either bathroom. Hence the temporary conversion of my She Shack to Sh*t Shack
200313030_3069166263408457_7860947296591

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

tiny hada siggy.png

Ducky :laughitup     Yur She Shack renovayshun!!     :laughitup

29 minutes ago, macoduck said:

erc, I was hoping for a SitUpon (remember that from being a Brownie?), but no arts n crafts class scheduled today.

Nope.  I wasn't allowed to be in Brownies.  My three brothers were Scouts (Eagle Scouts and one was Order of the Arrow) and my parents were done by the time I was in grade school.

19 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

Ducky :laughitup     Yur She Shack renovayshun!!     :laughitup

Nope.  I wasn't allowed to be in Brownies.  My three brothers were Scouts (Eagle Scouts and one was Order of the Arrow) and my parents were done by the time I was in grade school.

Well that stinks!

A SitUpon is a mat made of folded lengths of newspaper women together forming a square and then to be sat upon.

Also at Mountain Hounds: each year there are several raffles. I won the one that covered my motel stay for this year.  :) That $300 put back on my credit card covered Charlie's goodbye and cremation. I guess that's still a win.  :unsure

tiny hada siggy.png

:wave   Hi Miss Ducky!   Welcome back!   We are sending you :grouphug  for saying gudbye to leetle Charlie.  :cry1     It's gud that the other doggies are learning their noo spots in the pack!   Ummm, are you really gonna use that commode thingy  in the She Shack?  How long will it take until the bafrooms are gonna be open for you?

My Momma wuz in the Brownies and Girl Scouts.   She rememberates SitUpons too!   But they were knot made ob noospaper.  She thinks they were made ob plastic thingys or ribbons or cloths or something.  She is going to text Auntie Linda and ask if she rememberates whot they were made of.   *UPDATE*  Auntie Linda sed they made them ob the same plastic stuff that lanyards were made ob and filled them wif noospaper for a cushion. 

MIss Elizabeth!  :eek   That's interesting about that colorful print.  Who knew?  :dunno 

It is raining HARD today.  There are warnings about fluds all ober the Washington Dee Cee region.   We went for our morning Wiki Walkie but Daddy walked me cuz I am more effishent and finish sooner than Cherry so I culd go back home riteawayquik whilst Momma walked Cherry around and around and around until Cherry wuz done wif all her buziness.  Their raincoats were very wet when they came back.  Now our 'rents are trying to decide when to take us out for our afternoon wiki walkie!

Ooooh!  Daddy is going out to get the mail and the mail lady always leabes MilkBones for us!  Bye!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png  

Hello my Friendlies!!

It's RAININGS!!!!  All over!!!  Really hard!!!  :yikes   Like MIss Patsy said, this is the most rainings we've had since the ice storming in Febrooary!!!  :yikes 

Miss Ducky we have seed that poor losted Iggy posted around here already.  We hope he's home soon!!!  :(   Momma says it's good you have that... um... bathroom opshun available!!!  ;)   

Hahaha!!!  Momma maded a SitUpOn when she was a little girl in Girl Scoutings!!!  A stack of newpapers covered by oilcloth stiched together on the sides.  Momma was just thinking how she wished she haded one the other day when she was sitting on the ground weeding!

Miss Lizabeth, we gotta whole lotta Tiki stuff cause we gotta Tiki bar in our living room!!!  Momma woulda tooked that picher offa your hands!

Miss Cherry, there's this commenter dood Momma follows on the FB and when he's not commenting on stuff he takes really neato pichers.  Tho lately he's been posting shots of d-e-d cicada shells lited up with lazers!!!!  :eek  They are mostly creepy looking.  <_< 

Nothing much going on around here today cause of the rainings.  Momma new eyeball configuration seems to be working pretty good and she is feeling better about it going forward!!  

Wishings for a Fantastic Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom