New product from Olewo Carrots and Beets

Olewo has come out with a new product called Rootsies. It is dehydrated potatoes,  carrots and alfalfa.  The pellets are larger than the carrots.  It is meant to used as a food topper.  You can feed it in pellet form or rehydrate.

I just bought my first bag. At first my greyhound Carter picked it out and dropped it on the floor. I thought "oh no, he won't eat it."

He ate the whole bowl of food and wanted more Rootsies. I put a few more pellets in my hand and he gobbled them up. My girl Neko loved them too. 

It helps with digestion.

Another great product from Olewo.

4 hours ago, lukasmom said:

Olewo has come out with a new product called Rootsies. It is dehydrated potatoes,  carrots and alfalfa.  The pellets are larger than the carrots.  It is meant to used as a food topper.  You can feed it in pellet form or rehydrate.

I just bought my first bag. At first my greyhound Carter picked it out and dropped it on the floor. I thought "oh no, he won't eat it."

He ate the whole bowl of food and wanted more Rootsies. I put a few more pellets in my hand and he gobbled them up. My girl Neko loved them too. 

It helps with digestion.

Another great product from Olewo.

We have been big fans of the carrots over the years as several of our hounds have had tummy issues.  I'm curious if you tried this new product in response to any particular issue or just to add some variety to feeding time. If used for a tummy issue, how well did it work?  Thanks

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

4 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

We have been big fans of the carrots over the years as several of our hounds have had tummy issues.  I'm curious if you tried this new product in response to any particular issue or just to add some variety to feeding time. If used for a tummy issue, how well did it work?  Thanks

Carter has always had occasions where he gets the squeaky tummy in the morning and then won't eat breakfast and lunch. Neko rarely eats her kibble in the morning and sometimes doesnt finish her lunch.

I have adjusted the quantity of food given in the morning and afternoon to smaller amounts for those meals and larger amounts for dinner and bedtime.

I think with adding the topper it will make them more likely to eat all of their meals.

With Carter turning 10 July 7th I don't want him to start dropping weight. 

4 hours ago, lukasmom said:

Carter has always had occasions where he gets the squeaky tummy in the morning and then won't eat breakfast and lunch. Neko rarely eats her kibble in the morning and sometimes doesnt finish her lunch.

I have adjusted the quantity of food given in the morning and afternoon to smaller amounts for those meals and larger amounts for dinner and bedtime.

I think with adding the topper it will make them more likely to eat all of their meals.

With Carter turning 10 July 7th I don't want him to start dropping weight. 

Thanks!  We know that squealy tummy too well.  Rocket had tummy issues for years and the carrots were one of the things that helped to get his colitis under control. Thanks for posting about the new product. It may come in handy. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Well, I had a good test with Rootsies this morning.  Carter had a squeaky tummy this morning and  he does not eat when this happens. He wanted his cookie which he took a put it by a bed. Neko promptly ate it. I put some Rootsies on both their breakfast. He came up ,smelled the bowl and started eating. He ate the whole bowl! Then I gave him Neko's cookie which he ate.

Will be curious to see what his next poop looks like, typically they are really soft like pudding.

So far we are loving Rootsies.

On 5/22/2021 at 9:54 AM, lukasmom said:

Well, I had a good test with Rootsies this morning.  Carter had a squeaky tummy this morning and  he does not eat when this happens. He wanted his cookie which he took a put it by a bed. Neko promptly ate it. I put some Rootsies on both their breakfast. He came up ,smelled the bowl and started eating. He ate the whole bowl! Then I gave him Neko's cookie which he ate.

Will be curious to see what his next poop looks like, typically they are really soft like pudding.

So far we are loving Rootsies.

has Carter been tested for hookworms?  For the past 5-8 years now hounds have had hookworms that are resistant to the standard deworming meds (i.e. Drontal Plus, Panacur, etc.).  Our Rick (adopted last November) has them as does every single hound that I know that have been adopted in the past year or so.  Rick gets the squealy stomach and inappetance when they are active :(

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

On 5/26/2021 at 3:16 PM, RaineysMom said:

has Carter been tested for hookworms?  For the past 5-8 years now hounds have had hookworms that are resistant to the standard deworming meds (i.e. Drontal Plus, Panacur, etc.).  Our Rick (adopted last November) has them as does every single hound that I know that have been adopted in the past year or so.  Rick gets the squealy stomach and inappetance when they are active :(

I have had Carter almost 7 years. I doubt it is hookworms. I guess I need to check.