Petunia Has A New Sister! Welcome Home Starz!

Petunia would like to announce that she has a new sister, and introduce her to our GT friends.  Please welcome Starz (Under Da Starz) to Camp Broodie. (She's not a broodie but we will make her an honorary one.)

Some of you in the Phoenix area may already know Starz from numerous Meet and Greets over the years.  Due to a death in her family recently, Starz needed to find a new home where she could spend her remaining days being spoiled and napping in slumber balls.  She arrived a little over a week ago and decided to stay when she found out that french fries are occasionally served here. 

She looks a little thin in some of the pics as she had been picky about her food, and her siblings had probably been eating some of her food if she waked away from it before finishing.  She is 12 1/2 and has that senior picky eating thing at times.   Since her arrival she has already put on a little weight and has been eating like a champ. She is also a champion roacher. She and Petunia are getting along well and their priorities are the same: food, treats and beds.  

She loves people, and has already charmed the neighbors and her aunts. She is also a snuggle bug. 

Welcome home Starz.  We love you. 

The day she arrived - she had apparently been doing some digging. :lol

SAmrTzm.jpg

Sampling the House Special

BjLUXdP.jpg

Starz and Petunia doing what they do best 

X4MVDkx.jpg

Another pic from her first day

3Qc9x34.jpg

All tucked in for bedtime (Not that we spoil her) 

Jx1n1Kl.jpg

And finally, our usual view since she arrived 

SFbg2kf.jpg

Edited by Time4ANap
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

congrats!!!! She is lovely (and BLUE! :D

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

8 minutes ago, RaineysMom said:

congrats!!!! She is lovely (and BLUE! :D

Thanks!  Actually, she's just black and has gone very gray.  One of the first things we asked was if she was blue because she looked like it.  You are about the 4th one of us who thought that she is blue.  Either way, she is adorable! 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Poor thing can't relax  :rofl  Excellent roaching skills!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Annnnd no pics of her standing :lol 

Welcome home Starz! Congrats Petunia! 

:bighug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

15 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Annnnd no pics of her standing :lol 

She seems to be channeling Kate. A lot. :rotfl

35 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

She seems to be channeling Kate. A lot. :rotfl

:lol 

:beatheart :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congratulations to the whole family!

Naps and french fries sounds like a great life.

I didn't think blue. Jessie (P's Real Time), who was listed a dark brindle, went grey much the same way. It's lovely.

Here's to channelling Kate!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

STARZ!!!!!!!!! We love ya girl!  And a fellow french fry lover at that!!!!! You got it all working girl! We usually celebrate Rocket's French Fry Day once a year just to spoil our houndies some more.   In fact I believe 'Rockets Fry Day' was just recent on April 20.  Last year we wound up celebrating it on on National French Fry Day (July 13 this year) so I guess that is what we will do this year to. Get Time4aNap to tell you about Rocket and his lovely wife Lexie :beatheart

4 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

She's not very modest, is she?  :lol

It's summer in the desert.  Things need to be aired out regularly. :lol

Congratulations Don and Chris...what a beautiful addition to the family.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thanks everyone!  We are in love with this girl and hope that she is here for a long time. She's showing her age a little, but we are slowly getting some weight back on her and will have the vet do some chriropractic treatment and/or laser treatments to help with mobility since she is a little stiff at times. Other than showing some signs of her age, she is a spunky, happy girl who loves her food and loves everyone she meets.  I can see why her family took her to so many meet and greets over the years.