I'm on the waiting list!

I did it!  I sent in the application to my hound adoption program for dog #3!  Both the boys are around age 11, and it is time to get my draft pick in reserve.  My program is now getting a few dogs every other month from West Virginia.  I told them my preference is a middle-aged female.  This means, of course, I'll end up with a young male.  But as long as it's a fairly mellow dog, we'll be all right.  Jeter just wouldn't enjoy a youngster constantly in his face.  

The program has a foster senior male with corns that they are looking for a home with no steps for him and a fenced yard.  Just in case anyone wants to look ;)  Greyhound Friends of NC

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Sweet!! :offwall

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Yep, that happened to me--senior or special needs (I had a diabetic cat in the past, so chronic illness is no stranger in this house!), ended up with the Ginormous Galoot, soon to be 2.5.

Good luck, any way it shakes out!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Ellen, GFNC has been getting a trickle of "Mac's" dogs from from WV. They are a nice line of dogs.
I reached out to GFNC and said I'd give you a 10 paws up rating.   :)

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

That's terrific! I hope that whoever shows up fits in seamlessly.

Too bad Max is so far away. As a senior corndog with bad/no teeth, he'd fit right in. Except he's a boy. :lol: 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

GFNC has been getting a trickle of "Mac's" dogs from from WV.  They are a nice line of dogs.

Yes, Jeter is a "mac" dog -- Mac's Palmer.  Other folks -- Mac is for the breeder/owner/trainer.  GFNC is putting together a scrapbook of his dogs that have been adopted through them, so I sent some phone pictures of Jete-Jete.  Luckily, he so so photogenic that my bad picture-taking doesn't matter.  

I reached out to GFNC and said I'd give you a 10 paws up rating.

Thanks.  :)  Since they've adopted out 6 hounds to me over the years, I hope they've figured out that I'm an ok caretaker.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/9/2021 at 11:39 AM, EllenEveBaz said:

he program has a foster senior male with corns that they are looking for a home with no steps for him and a fenced yard.  Just in case anyone wants to look ;)  Greyhound Friends of NC

Do you think they would adopt out of state?  I lost my Maya a few weeks ago and am having no luck finding another greyhound:( I'm getting sad. 

26 minutes ago, zimsmom said:

Do you think they would adopt out of state?  I lost my Maya a few weeks ago and am having no luck finding another greyhound:( I'm getting sad. 

Did you look at Greyhound Angels in New Jersey?  I know that they will adopt out of state.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

51 minutes ago, zimsmom said:

GFNC is only adopting to in-state or previous GFNC adopters.  All my sympathy on the loss of your Maya.

We need to find out where these groups from Texas and out west are getting their hounds.  :)  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg