Another Worm Post

Soliciting the opinions of the experts . . . 

I adopted Flower in September.  Since then, she has had three bouts of bloody diarrhea, all preceded by loud tummy gurgles and temporary loss of appetite.  All bouts lasted about a day or so.  I suspected parasites of course, especially hooks, but three fecals came back negative (four fecals, actually, if you count the one she had right before I adopted her), including one that was sent to an off-site lab for more sophisticated examination.

During the most recent bout, I saw worms moving around in her stool, and--in what I consider one of the lower points of my life--I videotaped it for the vet, who diagnosed tapeworm and prescribed Droncit and a five-day course of Panacur.  Since then, she's passed worms in her stool and is doing much better.

My question is: should I still be worried?  She's doing great now, but I'm aware of the hookworm issues that are out there and terrified she will just relapse again in a few weeks.  Has anyone had experience with tapeworm and, if so, can it cause the symptoms described above?  Crossing my fingers this has resolved the issue, but still concerned.

For context, she got the ProHeart 12 injection in October.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Praziquantel may do the trick.  Ask your vet about it.  It's the anti-tapeworm ingredient in Interceptor Plus but is also available on its own from human pharmacies (and maybe some vets, no idea) and can be used in conjunction with preventatives like Advantage Multi, for example.

If you used Drontal Plus for the tapeworm you are probably good as far as the tapeworm issue is concerned.  It's good stuff. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life