Thylacine sighting in northeast Ohio

rsieg

So this is a new one. I was walking Logan down in the park this afternoon, and a couple passed us. The woman was in the lead, and asked what breed of dog, and I replied retired racing greyhound. The guy came up next, and said that he first thought my dog looked like one of those thylacines. 

I've had Logan mistaken for a Great Dane, a Doberman, a deer (including by a couple rutting bucks one time, at least they kept following us), or a tiger or tiger dog (those from little kids), but "thylacine" is a new one. 

In case anyone is unfamiliar with them, here is a description: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thylacine. It's generally thought that they went extinct in the 20th century, though occasionally there is still a reported sighting of them in Tasmania. Not quite as many sightings in Ohio, but apparently some...

Anyway, here is the "thylacine" on his walk:

20210425_175729-L.jpg

Guess there could be some resemblance seen from behind, what do you think?

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

Not extinct :yay

:rofl

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Give them a big, huge YAWN Logan, then the resemblance is uncanny!:hehe

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Somebody check to see if Logan has the marsupial pouch.  

One GT person reported some years ago being asked -- upon exiting an elevator -- if their grey was a hyena.  Evidently all that registers with some people are brindle stripes.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Ah, the Tasmanian tiger! There is a statue of one at the zoo I volunteer at. It gets a lot of attention since it's such a strange looking creature. I suppose it is stripey.....  :lol:

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Brindle confuses hoomans. 🤪

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

I can't even decide on an emoji for that!!!  Someone not only doesn't know dogs, they don't have a clue about extinct marsupials!!!!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Rocket was very bright red with very pronounced striping when he came off the track and we adopted him.  At one of his first vet visits, there was a little boy in the waiting room and it may be one of my favorite moments of all time when he asked, "May I pet your tiger?" 

Yes, of course you can....:rotfl

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

17 hours ago, palmettobug said:

Give them a big, huge YAWN Logan, then the resemblance is uncanny!:hehe

Not quite yawning, but this is another picture I took from yesterday's walk. Not quite yawning, but eating grass as he is wont to do. 

20210425_175423-M.jpg 

2 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Rocket was very bright red with very pronounced striping when he came off the track and we adopted him.  At one of his first vet visits, there was a little boy in the waiting room and it may be one of my favorite moments of all time when he asked, "May I pet your tiger?" 

Yes, of course you can....:rotfl

A lot of kids call Logan a "tiger" or "tiger dog" as well. But I guess when you are three feet tall a greyhound does look like a huge carnivore :-)

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)