Peeled paw pad

Okay so I cant find anything about this online but basically my boy riley got a small stone stuck in his toe pawpad and the tough black bit peeled off. It wasnt bleeding and doesnt hurt to touch and it's still got skin but its pink like when they are a puppy. It's not really swollen either. But hes refusing to walk ( he doesnt walk if its raining either or if hes feeling lazy so it's not too weird) but hes limping a little bit. All I can find online is about them peeling off so its raw or bleeding but his isn't. I was just wondering if anyone has any advise? Thank you 

Just keep it clean and dry. If you haven't got any dog boots use and old sock secured with some tape around the sock, but be careful it's not too tight and rubs, to give a bit of protection.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

3 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

Just keep it clean and dry. If you haven't got any dog boots use and old sock secured with some tape around the sock, but be careful it's not too tight and rubs, to give a bit of protection.

Thank you I will do! I just worry a lot!