Non-crunchy treats

Mercury just had two teeth removed, premolars, one on each side.  For the next two weeks, he's on a soft food diet.  As he gets water in his kibble all I have to do is let it soak for a few minutes.  Treats... on the other hand....

Merc gets "paid to poop".  When he comes in from performing an act of elimination, he gets small biscuits.  At bedtime he gets a big :dogcookie .

The vet said "no crunching for two weeks".  So, now what do I do?  As we're talking about multiple little treats during the day, that's too much cheese.  The only raw vegetable he likes is zucchini.  Turns his nose up at fruit.  I'm thinking of opening a can of cooked carrots but I'd like your ideas too, please.

13000326_10154126126223910_4458277357952942016_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=UxlXuWShAegAX9lVTE8&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=033dd7fb1bff09b0d1a15a6a69950162&oe=609435E9

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Mini mooshies are perfect for this. Good luck Merc! Two toofers are nada (so would have said Trevor Double-Heart, who lost 30 at one dental.)

You'll be fine :D

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Three dog bakery has some soft treats.  My dogs are crazy about them.   How about some small pieces of string cheese.  I get the Sargento Balance Breaks for a snack for me, but the dogs love the small pieces of cheese and Candy loves the cranberry pieces.  Does Merc like fruit?  Cantaloup, blueberries, something like that.   Well, I didn't read your post well.  Looks like he is picky about his treats.  Training treats are small and usually soft.  I bought some that were rabbit and the dogs went nuts over those. 

Edited by Fostr_Mom

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

I shall look for soft training treats and mini moosies.  He's turning his snoot up at fruit or I'd have started with blueberries.

Thanks for your ideas.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

America's Vet Dogs treats, the trio gives them 6 paws up!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Also nanas, sweet potato, and pancakes! One pancake can reward several poops lol.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Teeny bites of boiled chicken.  He’ll probably just swallow it without chewing. Bits of raw ground beef. Smooshed bits of hot dog. Meat baby food. 

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Jeter and Milo gave 2 paws up to soft Three Dog Bakery treats when they were eating soft foods after Milo's extractions.  There's a variety of flavors.  But they say that they wish I had thought of the hamburger.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 10:56 AM, Remolacha said:

They make training treats that are soft and tiny. The brand we usually get is Zune’s minis, but read the package carefully, they also make crunchy treats. 

Zukes Mimi treats were just recalled.

The girls of Camp Broodie have been big fans of the Rachael Ray Nutrish Meatballs.  They are soft but can also be broken in half if needed.  They were one of the only treats that Kate would get up out of her bed to get from the person dispensing them.  She normally preferred you to deliver all treats to her bed. :lol  I miss that girl. 

Amazon Link

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life