Love Your Babies Every Chance

Guest mysweetgreys

Guest mysweetgreys

Yesterday I did the hardest thing in my life. Trent turned for the worse. His cancer took him too fast. I wanted more time with him, but the pain I could not control any longer. The last 2 days, he cried at night and could not lay down without the pain. It was so hard for him to walk across the room let alone go outside to potty. I would lay on the floor with him for hours to help comfort him. I could do no more for him. I had already arranged for a casket for him. It was beautiful, white with brass handles and lined very softly. Our vet came to our home where he crossed over laying on his pillow and not hurting anymore. I held him so close and told him I loved him so much. I thought I would have another 2 months at least with him. Don't ever take time for granted. It can end tomorrow like it did for me, but I know my Sweet Trent is in no pain anymore and I gave him a wonderful life.

Thanks for listening...

Rita

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rita,

I am so very very very sorry for your pain and your loss...bless your heart what hard thing to go through :( ((big hugs))

Trent...run free sweetheart, free from pain and with the joy of knowing just how much you mum loves you :heart God Bless...

Edited by Tory

I am so very sorry for your loss...Godspeed dear sweet Trent. Run free sweet boy and look down often on your family who loves you. :f_red:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Rita, I'm so sorry. We had to do the same thing last year with Ruppert and instead of going out to dinner (for my birthday) we made a very sad trip to the vet. The bottom line was that it wasn't fair to prolong his pain anymore since there was not anything else that could be done for him. Sending my thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Guest spazkaz

I am so sorry for your loss. Sweet Trent knew he was loved, and went to the bridge to be free from pain. You did the right thing, what had to be done.

Run free Trent.

:(

Guest mleg2001

I'm so sorry for your loss, Trent was lucky to have you as his mom. :f_pink

Godspeed Trent, our other loved ones are waiting at the bridge to welcome you to home.

Guest TheMackeyPack

Rita my heart goes out to you, having been through this. I am sorry for your loss. Be sure that trent knew you loved him and is greytful to be pain free. You did the right thing.

Many HUGS

Deb

Hugs to you.

Good-bye, Trent. Please look back across the bridge now and then, and keep an eye on your momma. She loved you so much and will never forget you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest cindysmom

I'm so, so sorry for your loss. It's so difficult to make that "right" decision, but yours was made from the heart and your deep love for Trent. Somehow, I just know that he knew that. Hugs to you.

Guest auntiesara

We're so sorry to hear of your loss. We always second quess, but if the pain can't be controlled I'm sure you had no other choice and the vet would have told you if anything more could possibly have been done for him. Don't pay attention if peolple who don't understand say, "it was only a dog" or "you can always get another one."Bereavement takes time and even going on with your daily routine is very hard at first without your loved one.I wish I could be more helpful. Remember your GT friends are here for you. Sara