Starvin' Q. Marvin 4/17/09 - 2/19/21

GreytTerp

It's taken a while to be able to do Marvin's official 'farewell', but it's time...and here come the tears again, along with some chuckles remembering how awesome he was and just how much he was part of our lives.

On February 19, we had to say goodbye to Marvin, and while we're still hurting deeply right now, there are so, so many wonderful memories we have with him. Starvin' Q. Marvin, racing name Wilder Side, joined us in March 2012, two weeks after being retired from racing for being 'too slow', according to his adoption papers. He was born in Kansas, raced at Daytona Beach, lived with us in 4 different states, and traveled on road trips through more places than most people are able to. He came home with us, never having been in a house, not knowing how to do stairs or what toys were for, and not even a name to respond to. He loved anything resembling food, plastic recycling (sigh), cat toys (definitely sent pics to family asking, 'do you recognize what this might have been?'), car rides, kids, and Kevin's vanilla rum. He never met a human he didn't like and always assumed deliveries, contractors, and guests were obviously only there to see him. After nearly 9 years with us and 2 months shy of turning 12, we had to let him go. His body just couldn't support him any longer, and we knew it was time.  Up to his last breath, he was snagging all the treats he could grab from my hand.  With COVID, we were, at least, able to spend almost the entire last year of his life with him. He left a big, goofy, greyhound-sized hole in our family, but we're forever grateful for so much time together, and just looking through old photos today is bringing good feelings back. We miss you, Starvies.

MarvBed2020_lowres2.jpg

I remember when Marvin came to live with you.   I am so sorry that he had to leave.  

Run pain-free, Marvin. :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a grand life S.Q. Marvin shared with you. Those memories will help ease your pain of having to say See You Later, Marvin :beatheart I'm so sorry it was his time. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so very sorry :( he sounded like the perfect boy.  Sending hugs :grouphug 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Marvin had some wonderful adventures and a super life with you. I am so sorry they had to come to an end. Rest well handsome.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

So very sorry for the loss of your special boy.

Remember all those good times...and smile.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. He was a very special--starvin'--boy.

Godspeed Marvin.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)