Sweep's having surgery 3/10 *Update, now 3/11*

Morning glory is a lovely comparison, but I also love Jerilyn's frilled lizard comparison. [says the owner of 4 reptiles]  And it certainly would aid in hearing her master's voice, but will she acknowledge that she heard? hmmm...

Here's to Sweep continuing to feel good enough to keep you on your toes.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sweep, sweetie, I gotta say you earned that cone of beauty and goodness.  You look several kinds of adorable in it.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a while since we’ve had an update! How is Her Sweepness doing? :wub:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

28 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

It’s been a while since we’ve had an update! How is Her Sweepness doing? :wub:

15 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

Yes :rules

Thank you, Jans! :P Current view:

51116459105_4b7b7b3a39_z.jpg

She continues to walk well and werk on growing her chikken fluff.

51116447530_e0a40457c0_z.jpg

However, she also continues lik-lik-liking at the base of her very gnarly scar, despite having her stitches removed on 4/2. I'm not sure if a screw is bothering her, or if she just, you know, broke her leg a month ago and that's uncomfortable. What do you experts think?

51115556238_7acecb3aab_z.jpg

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I think she looks fantastic! I have always heard that healing wounds are itchy, and this is a good sign that they are healing well, so maybe that bit still itches? Or maybe it’s that greyhound thing, “something different on my skin, Must Lick! “

Fuzzy MUST LIK-LIK any and all scabs til they are removed, so I think it's itchyness, too. I use a spray for feline hot spots if the pups get too obsessed about licking and make it worse.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

45 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

I think she looks fantastic! I have always heard that healing wounds are itchy, and this is a good sign that they are healing well, so maybe that bit still itches? Or maybe it’s that greyhound thing, “something different on my skin, Must Lick! “

Agreed! Believe me, if Sweep had thumbs and access to a chopstick, she'd be scratching that surgical site like crazy ^_^ Such a relief to hear and see how well she is doing. Good job by her hoomans, too!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

48 minutes ago, Remolacha said:

39 minutes ago, palmettobug said:

Fuzzy MUST LIK-LIK any and all scabs til they are removed, so I think it's itchyness, too. I use a spray for feline hot spots if the pups get too obsessed about licking and make it worse.

Okay, thanks for the reassurance! I'll look into something to relieve the itch.

Just now, FiveRoooooers said:

Agreed! Believe me, if Sweep had thumbs and access to a chopstick, she'd be scratching that surgical site like crazy ^_^ Such a relief to hear and see how well she is doing. Good job by her hoomans, too!

Knot at all speaking from experience, rite? :kiss2 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

Just now, ramonaghan said:

Okay, thanks for the reassurance! I'll look into something to relieve the itch.

Knot at all speaking from experience, rite? :kiss2 

:lol :bighug

Sweep looks fantastic, despite the itchy scar.

:yay :yay :yay 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)