Sweep's having surgery 3/10 *Update, now 3/11*

Awesome!!!!

:pinkele:banana:pinkele

I confess that I didn't expect this wonderful news. I'm incredibly over-the-moon happy for you and Sweep.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GreyPoopon said:

Awesome!!!!

:pinkele:banana:pinkele

I confess that I didn't expect this wonderful news. I'm incredibly over-the-moon happy for you and Sweep.

I hear you. We all know the stats. I've been waiting for the other shoe to drop. Relief doesn't begin to describe how I feel.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

On 3/18/2021 at 5:28 PM, ramonaghan said:

:yay Biopsy clear! :yay 

AWESOME!!!

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Definitely good news, but the way the bone broke they would have seen some evidence of disease during the surgery if it was there to see.  :kiss2   Just in my very limited knowledge and experience I didn't see anything on the xrays you posted.

That's one of the first things the surgeon said to me after Andi's surgery - "I didn't see anything that looked like osteo."  And he said there was nothing to biopsy.  :dunno  Sometimes a broken leg is just a broken leg!  ;) 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

1 minute ago, greysmom said:

Definitely good news, but the way the bone broke they would have seen some evidence of disease during the surgery if it was there to see.  :kiss2   Just in my very limited knowledge and experience I didn't see anything on the xrays you posted.

That's one of the first things the surgeon said to me after Andi's surgery - "I didn't see anything that looked like osteo."  And he said there was nothing to biopsy.  :dunno  Sometimes a broken leg is just a broken leg!  ;) 

Thanks, Chris, that makes me feel even better! I always appreciate your input. I know there's a certain amount of CYA, but I wish the surgeon would just come out and say "She doesn't have cancer. Full stop." There's always a caveat like "we have seen normal results only to have cancer show up 3 months later, but that's very rare" or "there are some reactive spindle cells which is almost certainly inflammation but does happen with cancer too; however, we're not seeing cancer." It drives me crazy! Maybe after the 8-week xrays are clear she'll FINALLY say it. :lol 

Meanwhile I've got Sweep back on her Previcox and she's SO much better with it on board. She's been on 300mg of Gaba 3x a day and I'm sure it helps with pain but it also makes her wobbly...not great for a broken leg. The difference with an NSAID is night and day. I took the trash out earlier and as I came back through the back gate from the alley, there was a needlenose girl standing at the porch door looking for me. :wub: She clearly wanted to go for a walk, but she has to wait a little longer.

7 weeks and counting...stitches out this week! :banana 

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

Fantastic progress :yay  Good job all of you! She looks terrific! 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Just now, FiveRoooooers said:

Fantastic progress :yay  Good job all of you! She looks terrific! 

Now for that awful haircut to grow out. :rofl 

1 minute ago, ramonaghan said:

Now for that awful haircut to grow out. :rofl 

In the meantime can you at least put some pants on her :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She looks fantastic!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It's been since November and Andi's shaved leg is only now beginning to fill in.  :rolleyes: 

If you think the gaba helps but the dose is making her unsteady, ask for 100 mg caps instead of the 300s.  That way you can reduce the dosage as necessary for her level of discomfort.

She looks really great Rachel!!  Give that baby a kiss right on her head for me!!!  :kiss2 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I think giving G CBD oil helped his bald thighs fill in, plus he now has bunny-soft furs.

And Sweep, you have our permission to chomp any one who make fun of your bum! :P

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

She's getting around so well in that video that it seems a little greedy to hope she's doing even better, but I'm unreasonable that way.    

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

26 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

She's getting around so well in that video that it seems a little greedy to hope she's doing even better, but I'm unreasonable that way.    

:lol Still walking well...but we did hit a snag yesterday. We were due something.

My husband took Sweep Wednesday to get her sutures removed at our regular vet but they said to wait another week, because greyhound skin. They were concerned the incision would split again if they removed them then. Sweep has been *very* bored the past few days and my boss has a habit of keeping me on the phone for too long, and that combo yesterday led to her taking matters into her own paws while I was distracted. I got off the phone to find a dog who was very pleased with herownself and a 2 inch section of open incision. Sigh. So back to the vet we went. They didn't restitch her but she'll have another 10-day course of antibiotics and we're to apply dermagel 2-3 times a day. At least this time they gave us a soft cone instead of the awful plastic one that distresses her so much.

My coworker said she looks like a phonograph. :rofl 

51076163067_ba7a56aecc.jpg

1 minute ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Poor girl.  She looks like a forlorn morning glory.  

A mourning glory :lol 

Poor Sweep. But it really is your own fault. I'm glad she's feeling good enough to make some trouble. I'll add frilled lizard to the list of look alikes. :D 

And I sympathize, I too have a boss who keeps me on the phone for too long.

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Her master's voice? Picking up signals from Alpha Centauri?:daisy

My Fuzzy is a terrible scab picker, I have no doubt she'd have picked those stitches, too.

And another with the obnoxious boss that can't keep it short and sweet.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg