Back in Time

I've been gone so long that my profile didn't exist anymore :lol:

I'm Jen and back in 2005, I started fostering Greys. I foster- failed my first... Chase (J's Fear Not) and it took awhile to fail another. That fail was after a then-epic (who knows if anyone remembers it now) GUR that took two large litters of coyote hunter's puppies from Kansas and beyond in virtuallya spiderweb... our leg came to Michigan. I foster-failed a beautiful blue fawn named Lulu (came to me as Baloo).

Fast forward several years and my then-boyfriend became my husband and the Navy sent us to Washington state with two Greys and a deaf Great Pyrenees. About a year later... in 2011, Chase crossed the rainbow bridge after a bout of thyroid cancer. Lulu crossed in late 2015 after having unrelenting back issues. 

Since then, we welcomed Dobie Kota to the house and two fur-less kids and then lost Skah (the Pyr). I've never forgotten Greyhounds and always said "one day" I'd have another. 

Well, after returning from a miserably long deployment with the Navy (thanks for making it longer, COVID!), I find out things have changed and if I don't get a retired racer now... it may never happen. 

So, I put in an application with our local adoption group and had our virtual home visit tonight. It looks like we will be foster-adopting in the near future. 

FB_IMG_1613115466536.jpg

FB_IMG_1613115480913.jpg

1615264629_GreyTalkSignature(3).jpg.a7b6b720dfaa68415ff2b88c61e6bb72.jpg

Two furless kids, and Kota, the Doberman, cat littermates Kissy and Skully, and the chicken flock: Princess, Sunflower, Luna, Ember, Rose, Dolly, and Clementine.
Missing Rainbow Bridgers: Chase (J's Fear Not), Lulu (former coyote hunting puppy), and Skah (the deaf Great Pyrenees). Waiting on our next foster-fail Greyhound.

All animal pictures all the time at: instagram/greytpets

And my pickup of the GUR in Chicago. 

FB_IMG_1613115487619.jpg

Two furless kids, and Kota, the Doberman, cat littermates Kissy and Skully, and the chicken flock: Princess, Sunflower, Luna, Ember, Rose, Dolly, and Clementine.
Missing Rainbow Bridgers: Chase (J's Fear Not), Lulu (former coyote hunting puppy), and Skah (the deaf Great Pyrenees). Waiting on our next foster-fail Greyhound.

:wave  Welcome back!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I remember you. Welcome back!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

13 hours ago, savvyPRchick said:

And my pickup of the GUR in Chicago. 

FB_IMG_1613115487619.jpg

hey!  That's ME in the middle there! :) yeah, I remember Ms. Jones :) (your Lulu) :kiss2  Bruce made me drive because he knew how dangerous me in the back with those puppies would be (I wouldn't want to let one go :lol )  Good to see you back! :)  congrats on the soon-to-be fostering/adopting :yay

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

11 hours ago, Greyhoundcastle said:

Welcome back!  I've been around since 2001 or so, and although I don't specifically recall the story about the coyote dog pups, I do remember that photo of Lulu with the peanut butter jar.  She was a gorgeous girl.

Hope your foster-adopting experience comes to be and goes well!

Thanks. She is missed horribly. She was a demon puppy on speed but she was the most wonderful adult. 

1 hour ago, macoduck said:

I remember you. Welcome back!

I remember you as well! So many names that I see that are still around... it's greyt!

45 minutes ago, RaineysMom said:

hey!  That's ME in the middle there! :) yeah, I remember Ms. Jones :) (your Lulu) :kiss2  Bruce made me drive because he knew how dangerous me in the back with those puppies would be (I wouldn't want to let one go :lol )  Good to see you back! :)  congrats on the soon-to-be fostering/adopting :yay

I  was wondering if you were still on here... it's why I added the photo! They were such cute, crazy puppies! LOL

1 hour ago, savvyPRchick said:

I  was wondering if you were still on here... it's why I added the photo! They were such cute, crazy puppies! LOL

I was always so happy that someone on GT adopted one of the pups :D  she was just beautiful.  I'm so glad you were her mom! :kiss2

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

6 minutes ago, RaineysMom said:

I was always so happy that someone on GT adopted one of the pups :D  she was just beautiful.  I'm so glad you were her mom! :kiss2

This is Lulu loving on my oldest just before she went to the Rainbow Bridge. She LOVED the tiny furless puppy. LOVED. And my oldest would stop crying if put next to her. I really wish Lulu had been able to be around her longer.

No photo description available.

My oldest as a newborn (she was bawling until I put her next to Lulu):

May be an image of 1 person

And our pregnancy announcement:

On 2/12/2021 at 5:21 PM, savvyPRchick said:

This is Lulu loving on my oldest just before she went to the Rainbow Bridge. She LOVED the tiny furless puppy. LOVED. And my oldest would stop crying if put next to her. I really wish Lulu had been able to be around her longer.

My oldest as a newborn (she was bawling until I put her next to Lulu):

May be an image of 1 person

And our pregnancy announcement:

OMG the cuteness!!!!! :kiss2 :kiss2 :beatheart 

Welcome back :wave

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross