It's ThirstDay everwon!  And, it is cold, snowy, icy, slippery, and just yucky here today.  Guest is allowed to work from home today!  :rofl  She is all kinds of excited about that, lemme tell you.  But, her computer connection to work isn't working and there isn't anyone there to reconnect her, so she has to make busy work when they are supposed to be paperless.  Ha!  Fortunately (?) she has all the papers and notes and stuff that she collected over working from home for the past 11 (!) months, so she has been busy reviewing, organizing, shredding, etc.  Now, she is just waiting for a phone call.  

Happy Birthday, Miss Tony!  We hope you have yourself a very good day. 

Miss Chris, your situation is horrible!  I cannot even imagine.  We lost power for a week once, but it was summer.  Hot as Hades but that is better than being freezing cold.  

Miss Sherrie, we are glad that you are at least getting episodic heat.  What a mess. 

A houndie partay for Hope!  Have fun!  Sheesh, everyday is a like a party around here.  At least, you would think so with all the mess and stuffies strewn about! 

We have absolutely nothing profound or witty or clever or even interesting to say.  But, we have all kinds of whiny things we can say!  COME ON SPRING  

Stay warm and safe everwon

TTFN

Miss Fancypants :star 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ebbery Buddy,

Miss Sherrie...we are so happee dat yu are safe an at lees habz sum powerz.

Miss Chris!  We are still hoping fur yu.

Laila, dat pichure wuz frum urlier in da day ub deer wedding.  Deywuz hanging owt in da kitchin wif all ub da fambilee beefur dey got reddee fur da serbiss.

Mama wurked until affer 11:15 lass nite on da pooter at a finance committee meeting an habz anudder wun toonite.  Dey are tiring on accounta she habz to answer all da qweschins on da budget...fur all da departments.  She iz tired - but kNOT complaning wen she sees dat owr frenz are wifowt power an stuff....in da skeem ub lifes, she sez it Iz KNOT dat bad an oberall duz like her jobz a lot!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Update from Sherrie:

Power has been on and stable. There's a huge water main on her street that's leaking. Still has water but they're advised to boil it.

Although it took trips to several pharmacies, she was able to get all the meds required for her upcoming knee surgery. This un-does a major screw up and I'm sure there were many salty words utilized to get it fixed. Some of the meds have to be started several days before her surgery.

Heart got his neck stitches out and is okay.

Hang in there Chris and keep ordering McD's hot chocolate!

"so she has been busy reviewing, organizing, shredding, etc."  Guest, do KNOT get those piles mixed up!

Misser Tony, I hope you still pop occasionally. We miss you!  Happy Birthday! :balloonparty

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Fanks fur da pupdate, Miss Ducky.  Pleez send her owr bess.

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

We were wachin last nite what the peepel in Tecksas are goin fru.  So bery, bery bad. It makes you wanna cry, si?  Like Miss Robin sez, inna larger skeem ob fings, we are doin fine.  Mom wuz soooo discurridged yestiddy. The payne wuz eggskroosiatin.  But today....she is skeered to say this, but the payne is knot as bad.  She will take that.  She will take inny liddle improobmint.  She filled owt an online form for her acoopunkshure appt. on Toosday.  Wow, they are shure thurough.  She is ackshooly lookin forwerd to it.

It wuz knot too bad inna Berg today.  An snow cubbered the ice, so it wuz eazier to walk.  Fer wonce, I fink we had bedder wether then Miss Guest.

We are so glad that Miss Sherrie still haz her power.

Oh, Miss Chris!  You are a bedder lady then we wood be.  We were hopin soooo hard that we wood see that you hab yer power back.

Ja, ja, Spirit, Nate lernin fru ozzmosis. :lol

Happy Gotcha Day, Sid!

An Happy Birfday, Misser Tony.  It wuz nise to see you on Fasebook, you shood come ober heer.

Hab fun wiff yer weekend gests, Hope.  Nise to see you agin!

Ja, ja, Gino---lootefisk!  Who wood want that in their fridge?

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Anuvver wetanwindee day heer in Reel Engaland.

Wagz to awl ower frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:coffee  Good morning

It's me!  Cherry!    All the snow is still outside but it is sooo cold that all the snow is frozen solid and Momma and I were walking on top ob it this morning!   Momma made me walk reeeeally slowly this morning cuz she wuz habing trubble  skating mobing along!   Just run Momma!

Now I habs had my brekkie and I'm waiting for Ivy to come downstairs.

Cherry cherries-sm.png 

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

:coffee

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Good news for Miss Sherrie and KNOT good nes for Miss Chris.  Well except for that delivery hot chocolate.  That is great news.  Can they deliver a thermos full?

Miss Fruitcake, you hab a real important and grueling job.  They are fortunate to hab you.  :kiss2 

And Miss Nancy of the Burg is feeling just a bit less hurty.  That is good news too.  

Walking atop do frozen snow!  Wow!  Waiting for it to break and drop you down into it.  :eek  :kiss2 

Gino, we got that wets yesterday.  Here today it is sunny and cold.  I bet the sun will be wif you soon too.

Ma kinda expects that the werkers may come again today, now that it is knot raining.  She supposes next comes the paff construction and maybe some finishing touches on the garden bed walls.

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Morning and TGIF and it's pay day and I got a nice bump on my paycheck for selling wine memberships! Yay! And I'm going to Tahoe for the weekend and I will take lots pics! More caffeine! Yay!

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016

Missing Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020

Yea for paycheck bumps and Tahoe and caffeine--knot necessarily in that order. Yea for a bit less pain and needed pre-new knee Rx's and heat and lights and for Nate's new learning technique.

I am at least 9 hours into a days long campaign to try to book with Delta using ecredits from 2020 nontraveling. What the hell is a Bad Request message anyway. Gave up and called and may get a return call before I go ded of old age. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Did yu all see Ivy in de FB dis morning?  gallery_15587_3010_57.gif

I didda a poop wiff de  large.alligator-sm.png.c8660a70bf9df850c   watching me.  Mummy wuz watching it, berry berry closely.

Den, we wented fur a car ride!!!  We wented tu sumfing called a fud bank.  Dare wuz no bank. :dunno

A neighbor caught me leaving papaya on their doorstep and made me take home a big box of apples.  I loaded up that and a box of papayas and dropped them off where they might do some good.  

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

No change.  And found out we may not get power for several more days.  :yikes

No idea what the issues are.  The power company stopped giving reasons and estimates days ago.  This is getting to the point of absurdity now.  Dennis may be here by himself if he won't change his mind and leave.  Though power is still a problem all over.  At least we're above freezing.  :rolleyes:

There's no wifi, so I've been going through phone data like water.  My cell bill is going to be insane. 

Hopefully we'll be lucky today, but I'm not expecting anything.

Later

MC eA

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Wow, fruit fresh off the trees! It's a long way from that here! I was just excited that the grader is scraping all the residential streets to get rid of the hard pack snow so we can walk easier.  :lol:  Patsy and Nancy might be the only ones to understand that.

Chris, that's ridiculous! Maybe leave the dogs and husband home and you go stay somewhere really nice for a few days.  ;)

The Black Bandit is on patrol and can't be bothered to type. I'm putting away the final winter decorations and made the mistake of showing her a little wind-up squirrel that plays music. She saw me take it to the basement but is not entirely convinced it's still not around somewhere. 

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

3 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

The Black Bandit is on patrol and can't be bothered to type. I'm putting away the final winter decorations and made the mistake of showing her a little wind-up squirrel that plays music. She saw me take it to the basement but is not entirely convinced it's still not around somewhere. 

:lol :lol :lol 

It's cold and icy here in Mary Land.   Momma is so eggsited cuz she just ordered a pair ob yak trax to walk on the ice. :dunno     Thank you to Kestralyn!

Daddy hired somewon to come and chop thru the ice on our dribeway and sidewalk and shobel the snow underneath and put down salt to melt the ice.   Now we will get fut baffs and massages ebery time we come inside!  :D 

Miss Chris,  :grouphug    I wish we culd keep you warm!   I myownself wuld be happy to snuggle wif you!   I hope your power comes back soon.

Merc, I'm glad you like my pikkie!       Pleeese be careful around that allimagator!   :unsure 

Time for my :nappy   

Ivy

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

The Black Bandit is relentless and has breached the basement door. :o I was putting stuff away and suddenly she's next to me.  It's basically all storage down there and totally not Black Bandit proof.  The door to the basement is a pocket door that my dad used to "lock" by inserting a golf tee into a small hole in the door that blocks it from sliding open. :P Totally effective, but I don't have a golf tee, nor do any of my friends golf.  I tried a roofing nail but it just goes in flush to the door and doesn't stop it from opening. Anyone want to send me a single golf tee? :D

Lila Football

30 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

The Black Bandit is relentless and has breached the basement door. :o I was putting stuff away and suddenly she's next to me.  It's basically all storage down there and totally not Black Bandit proof.  The door to the basement is a pocket door that my dad used to "lock" by inserting a golf tee into a small hole in the door that blocks it from sliding open. :P Totally effective, but I don't have a golf tee, nor do any of my friends golf.  I tried a roofing nail but it just goes in flush to the door and doesn't stop it from opening. Anyone want to send me a single golf tee? :D

Miss Jerilyn, my Daddy habs lots ob golf tees!   Do you want me to mail you some? 

Ivy, you would be my hero!  One or two would be enough. Wiki will not be pleased, but I hope to be able to leave her out of the crate when I'm away soon and do not want her going down there. Thank you so very, very much for coming to my rescue. Wiki is not so sure if she like this plan. There is lot for her to explore, and chomp, down there.

Lila Football

Hola!  It’s warming up outside here.

Furst, Miss Chris, no power for 6 days?  We are so sorry We have power and warm beds…if you were just able to cross the border!

Miss Sherrie and anyone else, stay safe too!

Happy Gotcha Day Sid! 

Happy Burfday Misser Tony  :confettiyesserday, (also 16 yeerz since Mama’s Daddiman past away :heart  ) Oh and a good frend ob Mama's losted her mother last weekend :( 

I mist so much agin….Mama just counted, she habs had 24 applications for us Galgos in the last little while.  She is starting to “weed them out” she sez cuz it would take a whole year or two to get that many Galgos here. I fink Mama needs a secretary!

Habs a good weekend mah frends.  Stay safe and warm :hope for ‘lectrics coming on!

:wave  Galina

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

Hola!

Well, ebery day we look to see if you hab inny power, Miss Chris, an you do KNOT.  You are rite, it is gettin abserd!  We fink you shood go sumware nise eben fer a day.  We are so sorry you are deelin wiff this!

Merc, pleese be kareful peein arownd those gators!  Mom an Dad know ob sum gator an dog stories that are skeery!

Aw, Wiki, we cant blame you fer bein koorius.  But you will be foiled by a golf tee!

Miss Lucy, Mom sez fanks!  An she is still feelin knot as bad, so that is GOOD.  Yer yard is gonna be fabroolus soon.

Miss Jen, sownds like a grate weekend comin up.  An a raise in pay! :yay

Ivy, we see you go owt 5 thymes a day!  We wood strongly objeck!  Well, we go owt 5 thymes too, but onny to the bak yard, then we run bak in riteawayqwik.

Miss Patsy, we will be innerested to see if you can get sum satisfackshun frum Delta. I wooda tryed wiff callin too---hope you get a call bak.  Mom got a refund frum Sowthwest fer her NOLA tikkits fer her an Antie Mary.  An it wuz pritty eazy---Master Card mailed her a chek fer $539, wich wuz grate to get.  But she duznt know whot to do abowt her Spane tikkits.  American eggstended the thyme to do sumfin till neckst fall, but Mom just wunders if she will EBER be flyin innyware agin.  Is a lotta munny too.

Laila Mariposa

Hola, Galina, mi hermana!  You were tickin wile I wuz.  That is grate so minny peepel are innerested in Galgos!  We saw that Miss Charl is sendin a bunch to there forebbers.:heart

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown