Ducky, our gas fireplace is operated by a switch on the wall and it did work when we had no power during Snowmaggeden.   Does hers operate from a switch and did she try it?   Jim was really surprised when he tried it and it switched right on.   That's how he heated the downstairs when we had no power for 3 days.  I was stuck at the hospital during that storm so I missed the pioneer spirit.

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE from Sherrie!

Power came back on. She's reset the thermostat and turned on the fireplace. She'd never opened the fridge or freezer but checked and she will lose everything in the freezer and most of the frige contents.

Water lines seem to be okay, no leaks yet. Power outage caused the city to lose their water pumps.

Still no internet or phone, just texting.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Kathy, she didn't say much about the fireplace other than it needed electricity to ignite the gas.  :dunno

Lulu got her Cytopoint injection today. If you remember several months back she had licked the pads of 2 paws bloody raw. At the time vet said either this will work or it won't since she'd seen different reactions. Could have lasted only a month but she got that first one in early October.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:yay    Miss Sherrie has power!   :yay 

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Talking fast.  Utility services coming and going right now.

Tiller and Heart did well.  Thank goodness for grandma's quilt stash.

Looks bad starting tonight with another ice storm for the next 2 days.

Thanks to all my friends for keeping us in their thoughts and prayers. It has been rough but we have made it through so far.

News is the coroner's ordered trailers so they can store the bodies of those that did not make it. So sad.

I am a tough old bird.  I will do whatever it takes to keep Heart and Tiller safe.

Better send this before I loose it.

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018

1 minute ago, jimsherriek said:

ews is the coroner's ordered trailers so they can store the bodies of those that did not make it. So sad.

large.eeeck.gif.ff72897cebb575dd4423cd6e

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

:hope   Thinking of you Sherrie, Tiller and Heart! 

Sherrie glad to hear your power is back on. I hope it stays on.

Now if only Miss Chris' electricity would come on. :hope

Daphne & BItzi

ps ignore the underline, it wont go awayl

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Glad to hear from you, Sherrie, we wish we could send you a care package w/plenty of batteries and battery lanterns, and bean soup. But I don't think even Amazon could get thru in those conditions.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

:yayYay!  Miss Sherries power is bak!  That is grate noos, but so sad that peepel hab died. An no runnin wader! An there is moore bad wether comin. :( Oh, Miss Sherrie, we are so bery sorry.  We will be sendin LOTS ob good thots to you an Tiller an Heart.

An Miss Chris, we shure hope you get yer power bak soon.  Wunder why they sed it wuz bak when it wuz KNOT.

Miss Robin, fanks!  Glad you are heer, cawse Mom wanted to tell you she saw yer pic on Fasebook frum yer weddin, an wow, is it beeeeyoutiful!

Pippin, hola!  Sweet boy, you shood rilly try an brabe that baffroom.  It mite be the most warmist room inna howse.  We klose off owr fambily room cawse it haz onny a lectric heeter, an it is WAY eggspensib to hab on.  We call the fambily room the KOLD ROOM.  Hey, you an Miss Kerry be kareful on that snice!

Oh, Wiki, you are bery sly.  But konsiderit ob yer Mom.

Mom haz to walk 2 dogs ebery day fer klients.  An she is bein BERY kareful.  Yestiddy wuz okay cawse the snow cubbered stuff an you cood get sum trackshun.  But today, eberyfing wuz ICE.  Mom is paranoyd cawse if she falls it wood knot be good.  An plusalso, she mite loose the dog she's walkin.  An we are KNOT walkin.  I dont wanna walk. Angie duznt wanna walk.  An Kiva duznt eben wanna go owtside.

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Whew.  Sherrie is safe.  

Now we just have to hear from Chris et Al  and  :hope   their power has returned   

:goodluck     with the new meds, NancyToo.

We got 30 centimeters of snow overnight....about a foot.   Pretty normal here for mid February!  

Now it is supposed to get COLD again tonight and tomorrow .... and then another dump of snow Thursday night. 

NSK-Winter.jpg.a6ea578c2e544932c5222b81cda3216d.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos).   Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) and especially  Nigel (Nigel), waiting at the Bridge.

:coffee    Good morning!

It's me!  Cherry!   It is cold outside wif temprachur at 25 pedigrees but the wind is STRONG and COLD!   There are stars shining outside and I had a gud time wif my ears up and looking into the darkness.   I decided to take Momma for a long walk too!

I had my brekkie and now it's time for :nappy 

Cherry cherries-sm.png 

:coffee

tiny hada siggy.png

:coffee I am home and exhausted. It usually takes me two or three days to recover! The film marathon was fun but not the same as being in the theater with 300 other crazy loons! Hope next year will be back to normal. I’ll be picking up CK this evening. They said he’s a good boy, not sure I believe them <_<

Going to have breakfast and go grocery shopping. 
Miss :twd:Halise

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Gud affernuun frendz, anuvver wetanwindee day heer in Reel Engaland. Lukkillee Mum deesyde to tayke us owt fower a waak wen it stop rayning fower a littul wyle jusst be4 luntch. She jusst hadda go owt and reskew the lid ov the bottle recycling box az it blowed off down the rowde. We staying snug and waarm indoorz and we finking ov yu peepuls inna cchhillee Norf Amerika, speshullee Tiller and Heart and Miss. Sherrie and AndyPandy et al. Howp yu awl gets heet and lyte reel suun.

Wagz to awl ower frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

It is cold cold cold here!   The temprachur is knot too bad, it is 24 pedigrees, but it is REALLY windy so now we habs a windy chill in the teens.   I wuz glad to come back inside after our walk!    Momma is getting winter storm warnings from her phone, some voice on the phone keeps coming back and telling her that!   I am glad we will all be staying home tomorrow and Momma is glad she does knot habs to dribe to Baltymore anymore!  After the snow tomorrow we are getting ice, so I hope we do knot lose power too!

Look at Miss Halise!  :twd:   !!!

I hope Miss Sherrie still habs her power back and I hope Miss Chris gets hers soon! 

Ivy, happy to be warm in our house

37 minutes ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Look at Miss Halise!  :twd:   !!!

:hehe

Furst she wuz :twd::twd:ca1a20_9cd5270816d849ca8989809f4dc198fa~  becuz ob de moobies she wuz watching

Now sheez :twd::twd: on accounta sheez so tired.  

:hehe

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Power just came back.  Seems couple hours on then couple hours off.  Ok with that, sharing power.

Tiller and Heart still burritoed in my grandmother's quilts.  Getting really tough to get them up to go potty. Literally shoving them out the door occasionally and shutting the door in their face until they potty.

Pouring rain now, but more snow heading this way.

Hugs to you all

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018

Thanks for checking in Sherrie! It's 35 here this morning  with everything frosted over but that's normal for us this time of year. Hoping everyone is staying safe and warm!

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016

Missing Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020

It's WindsDay everwon!  And, while it is windy, it is nothing compared to walkies yesterday!  That was even colder than now!  We still don't know what we are going to get tonight and tomorrow.  We just know it is supposed to be lots of snow and ice.  Yuck.  Guest was outside this morning chipping up our hard work outta the yard before the next layer of snow and ice comes in.  Apparently, she isn't interested in leaving it there until spring.  Party pooper :rofl 

And, guess what?  We now have possum number TOO at our house!  This one is much smaller and cleaner looking :lol:  It was under our grill, which is only 5 feet from the doggie door.  The boys were losing their collective minds, not that it took much :rotfl , around the grill.  :brushteethlifted the edge of the cover and eyeballs stared back!  Guest moved the grill and chased it off the deck.  She didn't think the boys would ever come back in!  They finally did - after their ears were frozen :lol  I know some peeps think possums are cute, but for the life of me, I cannot imagine how.  Those tails!  :sick

Miss Sherrie, we are glad that you are getting power back at least most of the time.  Stay safe!  Paris gets thrown out of the house to potty with almost every weather event that we have.  

AndiPants, we are still hoping you have gotten some heat now, too.  Guest has never been without heat for more than a couple days but has always had a fireplace or wood stove.  She cannot imagine.  

Well, I am being booted off so she can get back to work.  She is just so crazy busy and it is cutting into MY time.  So rude.

Stay safe and warm(er) everwon

TTFN

Miss Fancypants :star 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Today's status is still unchanged.  No power for us, along with 200 thousand other folks, and no time frame for getting it back.  :(

Everything in the fridge and freezer is spoiled.  And we're pretty much out of hot water left in the hot water heater.  I *really* want a shower!!!

We even tried to go to a hotel yesterday, but no one would answer the phone!  Maybe I'll try again today.

The dogs are fine,  :rolleyes: but Dennis and I are getting tired of dealing with this.  At least we can have hot food delivered, and get out of the house, now that the snow and ice have melted.

Glad everyone else is doing well!

Later Gaters!

Miss Chris et al

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom