You can text 911 in some areas (I think Harris Co/Houston Metro included), it's for those who can't speak/hear mostly. Hopefully she won't need it, it would be hell trying to get an ambulance/fire truck out tonite.

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google says she could text 911 since many call centers are set up for that now. I'll let her know.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Good to see you Miss Charla

We send warm snuggles and heat and hot snax and cuddles to ebereewun

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016

Missing Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020

:coffee   Good morning.   I hope that Miss Chris and Miss Sherrie are doing OK today.

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

No news from Sherrie since last night. :(

Woke up last night by tornado and flood warnings on my phone. The lightning had Lulu upset. Really heavy rain and winds. No tornado although it did hit south of us in another county. Hoping to hear back this morning from a greyhound owner who lives near/in the hit zone.

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Summer, muh pologeticals.  I fink it wuz becuz Wiki sed sumfing about hur being anuvver pritty black houndie dat muh brain sed Wiki, knot Summer. 

Miss Jen, Mummy sez yu gotta dd yur own seekwins.  Yu can't go wiffout seekwins.

We saw Miss Chris' fotos on de FB butt most ob yu did, tu.

:hope  Gudniss butt dare is a lotta peeps and houndies in de Club tu pray fur tuday. :bighug

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Gud Toesday, we had lots ob wind and rain and thunnerin last nite. A warm frunt moved in, stirrin things up. Da sun iz finally owt,tho. We are :goodluck for gud noos frum ebberyone dis moanin.

Hey, Laila! I sure hope that your Mom gets some relief from the horrible muscle spasms.  :kiss2  Oh good, it sounds like that cute PA listened and had a good med for her to try.

Summer, what nice change and sprucing up you Mom and you hab done!  That fireplace-in-a-furniture is wonderful!
You are bery photogenic and your nose makes you look perfect!

No power for poor AndiPants.  :grouphug 

Sending all my good thoughts and houndie snuffles for Miss Sherrie and Miss Chris in the cold and for Miz Ducky in the wet and wind.

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Just checking in, no news from Miss Chris or Miss Sherrie. 

Miss Ducky glad to hear the tornado missed you.

:hope for all that are in harms way.

Daphne & BItzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Si, we are checkin in to see how eberybuddy is doin.  Miss Ducky, fanks fer checkin on Miss Sherrie.  Hope you are doin okay too, an poor Lulu.  An Andi an fambily bein freezin.  We are finkin abowt eberybuddy who is inna horribel, nasty an eben dangerus wether.:grouphug  Wish a birtual hug cood keep you all warmer.

Fergot to say Hola to Nutmeg yestiddy.  How is the wether ober there? Bedder then heer, I hope.

Hola, Clarkie---yer Mom shood be home soon.  Hola, Merc an Spirit an fambily, an Daphne an Bitzi, an Miss Vanessa an fambily---you are okay?  Hola Miss Charla, an Hola to eberbuddy else in kase I did fergit!

Miss Kathy, you hab inny eggsperiense wiff Cymbalta?

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

HI! Hi! Hi!

I had bad skweeky belly again this morning. It happins whenever Mistress gives me less than 2 cups of kibbles. She theenks I’m gonna get fat iffen I keep eatin that mutch, but I seem to need it.  :unsure She could see alla my ribs when I came here and now they are gone. And yes, I get a substansal snack before bed too.

Summer, isn’t it funny that peeple used to mix up Myka and Lila and now they can mix up me & you?

Laila, I don’t go in the baffroom whilst Mistress is in the wadder anymores, I wait till she’s done then I come in to inspekt. I felt kinda bad cause I went in last week when she was in the shower and she thot the furniss broke cause it got so cold in the baffroom on accounta the open door. I don’t wanna stress her owt.  I hope the noo medisin helps your mom.

Mistress werks wiff a lotta peeple in Texax, not by Miss Sherrie, but the whole state pritty mutch has losses of lektricity and cell service. Sum folks were never down and sum are starting to come back online. They’ll have temps in the 60s next week! So weerd!

It’s slightly less cold here today.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Hi Ebbery wun.  We are heer.  Daddiman habz been in NOO Jersey fur a week an we miss himz reel bad.  He hopefully will be coming home....

We lubz dat pichure Laila.....

An Tiller, we did KNOT commint sooner- but yu are dowing such a gud job wif Heart!  we no it iz KNOT eezee.

Edited by mychip1

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Got one short text from Sherrie. She was able to charge her phone so I'll bug her for updates.

tiny hada siggy.png

So it seems that so far, MIss Sherrie is OK.  That's a bit ob good news.

After nearly a week ob rain, we have sunshine and cold, windy weather today butt the company building Ma's raised garden beds and paffs and the fence to keep houndies out ob the garden :angry: are here to start their werk.  They took apart the old beds and are laying out the new ones wif stakes and twine and digging trenches for the cinderblock to go into.  Ma is walking me and Nate on leeches so we don't disturb the workman.  Two arrived butt one poor fellow is out their now.

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Crickey I misst a lot (no I am KNOT an Australopithecus Australian juss cuz I sed Crickey.)

We feel so bad fur eberywon hoo is wiffout powah! :ohno 

By da way fanks fur da normil americun-to-nooenglund translashin Merc :hehe Doh fur me it's an acquired accent too, being frum Floridya! Say hi to da allimagators frum me and tell dem I do KNOT miss dem!! :f50: 

Ms Sherrie and Ms Chris, I hope yoo boff habs powah again now :goodluck 

Laila! How perfklee lubbly it is to see yoo! :gmark :wave Weeze bery sorry to heer dat yur mum is poorly doh.  Ms Nancy ob da Berg, I hope yoo get sum answers at da doctuh's tooday. We will be backandforfing fur yoo! 

Ms Jen wut a lubbly cozy libbing room yoo hab. I don't care about da baffroom. I don't go into baffrooms. Dey're askeery places wiff slickery surfy-seas and dey make me panic. I nebber nebber go into it. I don't need to. I juss poosh da door wiff me nose to tell mummy to hurry up or gib me a cookie to keep me occupied while she is peeing. :rofl 

I kid you not, he is so pushy he reminds me of the Wizard sometimes. Like, can I pee in peace please??

No mummy you can't. :lol: Deel wiff it!

Howsumebber wherewuzzi... oh yeah, I lub yur libbing room Ms Jen! It look bery chill. :thumbs-up 

Summer and Wiki, yoo are boff so bewtimuss! Mummy wood lub a black houndie. She finks yooze juss gorgeuss!

Ennyhoo got to go now because I muss brave da wilds ob da frozen norff and all dat nasty SNICE out dare! So faaa today we'bve habbed freezink rains, and den sleet, and dare is reel troo sno to come. Da unibersity is closed butt mummy still habs to werk because ob dem dastardlee Zoom peepuls so now no won gets sno daze no moor! I wish to file a furmal complaint! ca1a20_243e79c545654c8dbfab425532b3b91a~ ca1a20_51764313d4c643a1a99b49948a6b3c2b~ I am missing on preshuss cuddle time and itiz KNOT ackseptable.

Pippin

gallery_15587_3582_3452.jpg

Kerry with Pippin (Paid Vacation), adopted 4/15/2017
Missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin (PA's Paris), the biggest Love I've ever known, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan (Leon B) :brokenheart :brokenheart, every single day.

Still no powers.  Though Momma gotten a email from the company last nite saying our powers was back, except they weren't, so she hadda call and tell them we were still out.  So hopefully soon.

Later Gaters!

:rivethead.  AndiPants 

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

2 hours ago, queenwinniesmom said:

Miss Kathy, you hab inny eggsperiense wiff Cymbalta?

Laila Mariposa

I don't really have experience with Cymbalta except I know it is effective for nerve pain and anxiety.   It does take a littlle bit of time to build up a blood level before it is fully effective.   It is definitely worth giving it a try! 

OK Momma, this is my Club.

I am glad to hear that Miss Sherrie and Miss Chris et al are OK.   It is really hard to knot habs lectricity.    Whot about all the fuds?    Momma says she just puts some refrigerator stuff outside then cuz it is cold out there!

I heard Momma on the phone wif our dog sitter talking about all the trips they are planning if trabel is allowed this year.   Gud luck wif that!   I lubs going to Miss Nichole's house for our bacation!   She habs three houndies and a beeeeeg fenced yard.   Now I hear she is fostering two houndie poopies! :eek   They habs to be adopted out together so they will probably be there a while.  Maybe we will get to meet them! baballe.giftoutou3.gif

Ivy, poopie lubber 

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We did nawt loose power or nuffin. Those weather-guessin guys are sayin cowld and rain agin by da end ob da week. HMPH.

Wiki, maybe sum green beens or sumptin to help yoo feel fuller? Or sum carrots?

We, ob corse, must all monitor Mom's trips to da magical water closet. She habs started shuttin da door when she's in da shower, Roman wuz pushin it open and nawt leabin. She used to keep it cracked open cos da kittehs wuld come in, but nawt ennymore.

1 hour ago, MerlinsMum said:

I kid you not, he is so pushy he reminds me of the Wizard sometimes. Like, can I pee in peace please??

Eggkuze me?  It's snot like we git tu pee in pryvate. Hunh?

Merc don't be snotty.

AndiPants, so gud to heer frum yu! :wave

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hola!  Mom wanted to tawk abowt her noo meds:

Thanks, Kathy!  I just picked it up, and wow, I didn't know Cymbalta is mainly used to treat depression.  There is a 2 page info sheet that was quite, uh...innerestin.  Lots of side effects, but I realized they have to list that.  So, it's also used to treat "diabetic nerve pain, fibromyalgia and chronic musculoskeletal pain," which does sound like it might help me!  I don't tend to get severely depressed, other than feeling down when I'm chronically in pain, but hey, couldn't hurt to have a little help in that area. :nod  I sure hope I can tolerate it because I think it could be beneficial!

Now we don't know how to stop tawkin in this font!  Fink we will come bak a liddle lader.

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Midday text from Sherrie said it was 48 degrees in the house. No running water but she has bottled water. Gas fireplace won't work because it has an electric starter. I think she has a gas stove. Tiller and Heart are buried under blankies.

I don't know if she can hear the weather report, but there is another storm front heading her way.  :(

tiny hada siggy.png