Wiki, Daddy went to the post office and brought something home for Momma called a "traking number".   It says that those dastardly golf tees will be at your house on Tuesday!   Be ready to hide them! :ph34r  

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BOL, yep! I fink frum now on, iffn yoo mention "snow" in da Souff, people are gonna fink ob whut happend in Texas, and PANIC!!!! Sum meanie people are makin fun ob da Texans linin up for water, but dats whut people here did affer Hugo. (we were not here in 89, but I have seen the pics and read the stories. Charleston was much smaller in those days!)

Oh, I see Andi habs managed to log in. We are here for roo!:goodluck

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Oh boy, this birthday stuff is great! I got to go for a ride, and this time I did paw, paw, hop. I got in the car all by myownself! And I learnt how to stick my nosie oudda the winder and sniffsniffsniff everythin. I lubs going to the store! This one had beeg thins of treets right at doggeh level wiff no lids on them. :gmark I coulda stollen tons of em. Mistress let me steel one sints I am the Black Bandit and it's my birthday. She bot me a beeg fancee cookie. When we came home I got to eat haff of it on a paper plate. It was yummo! Then Mistress hadda go out so I got my Kong and a nap in my crate. Then I gots a noo toy then Wiki walkie then sum delishus sosidge to eat. I have to nap again now before supper. Mistress put sum pitchers in anodder thread juss for me.

Thanks for alla the birthday wishes!

Wiki :ph34r

Chris, I'm so sorry you have been inconvenienced for so long! I wish there was something I could do to help.

Thanks Kathy & Jim!!!!

Edited by Jerilyn
Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Wut a wunnrful Wiki day yu are habbing.  Gud to no Mistress is treeting yu rite. :gmark

Mummy gots yard and yards ob bloo fabrik on de dining rum floor. Den sheez going ober it wiff colored chalk and a tape mezzure and a big metal fing. :youcrazy

I've got square cushions and rectangular cushions and a 17" pattern repeat. (And a spreadhseet showing two ways to cut it.)   I actually crewed up my courage and went a few doors down to the new house with small kids (wearing a mask).  I asked if they had any colored chalk and came home with pink and orange (will return with a papaya tomorrow).  I want this all laid out properly before I dare cut any of it.  :riphair

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Ar yu gonna krissen awl that cloff wiv muddee feets Merc?

Ha Pee Birfday Wiki, howpe yu do KNOT getta rumblee tum wiv awl them goodies insyde yu!

Keep keeping waarm Tiller and Heart!

Sorree yu ar KNOT keeping waarm AP.

Wagz to awl ower frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Chris, I'm so sorry.  

Vanessa, my Mother was there for Hugo and I got sent to Kingstree in the aftermath of the storm to provide "local" help to Fema.  It was rough.  I remember seeing acres of tall pines standing like matchsticks, all their limbs and even their bark had been stripped away by the wind. There was a large sailboat in the middle of the road in downtown Charleston by the harbor. It was lying on its side with the keel sticking out and body of the boat across the multilane road.  No power and for us no power meant no water--we had a well.  But we weren't dealing with the temp expremes.

I am about at my limit of cheerfulness with the guys working on the raised bed.  :headwall  and :blink:  and :mum 
Thank goodness I've been working from home and could keep an eye on things.   The first problem arose on day one when I noticed that they were making the usable garden area of each bed 3' rather than the 4' I'd asked for.  I caught it early, told them what I wanted, and they fixed it. Problem number two came on day 2 when I saw that they were adding a 3rd tier of cement block to the raised bed.  Um, no.  The drawings I gave them were clearly for 2 tiers of block and then one layer of solid "topper" block.  Again, I saw the problem before they'd gone too far and it was fixed.  Problems 3 and 4 were the "joy" of today and I'm now tired, frustrated, annoyed, and absolutely "extroverted out" from dealing with people.  I noticed late this afternoon that they had not prepared to pave all the way around BOTH beds but only around one bed and between the two beds.  :blink:  No.  That is not what I'd talked with their estimator about AT ALL.  Paving all around both beds and between the beds.  Problem number 4 occured when I then saw that they'd used 2 different kinds of brick.  Not two different kinds of brick in a pretty pattern butt two different kinds of brick like completely unrelated brick on one end and down one side not matching what's down the middle.  Like I grabbed left over brick from the side of the road to use on my project. I've talked with the estimator again about fixing both issues.  I talked with the 2 guys doing the work.  They, of course, are just doing what they were told but d@m#!  I'm making more work for them, but this project is by far too expensive to end up with a crap job it looks like I hired Bubba down the street to do on the cheap.

Nate checking out their wheelbarrows.  The basic layout of the beds is now exactly what I drew and discussed and I'm content with that.  But they'd not planned/understood that the paving is going all around both beds and between the beds?  Why on Earth?!

No photo description available.

The mismatched brick. Really, guys?  I know part of what we're dealing with is language.  The estimator and both workers are Hispanic.  Sadly, I don't speak Spanish.  The estimator's English seemed good but clearly, we were not on the same page. 

No photo description available.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Miss Lucy, how could they think that those pavers look OK?   :headwall

Miss Chris, we are so sorry.   

Wiki, I am glad you are habing such a nice birthday!   Your cookie looks nom nom nom!

Miss Jen, did you habs a nice birthday?  I hope so!

We went out for a fambly walk this afternoon.   It wuz sunny and cold wif ice on some ob the sidewalks and some ob the snow is just frozen solid and bery slippery!   Part ob the time we had to walk on the road cuz it is the only place that is dry and knot icy!   We are supposed to get more :snow on Monday!  

Ivy, winter houndie

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Uh, oh, my goodness. What da heck? Since when do the holes go UP?? Y'all know when LUCY gets mad, it's BAD. My friend Ginger grew up in the Canal Zone, if you want, I'll send La Guera up there to deal with those guys. They used to play the old "no habla" with her, and she'd give them an earful.:lol:

Wiki, sounds like you had a superb b-day! G got into the cat food and trash in your honor, he's a sneaky one when he wants!

Me & John Reese (Gable Dodge x O Jays) and the 4 kittehs!

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

**???

I thought I was responding directly yo Lucy's post.  Unbeknownst to me Ivy and Ducky also posted.  And, of course, Greytalk kept me from saying something naughty.   Ya gotta love it.

Edited by Mercsmom
hee hee

MIss Chris!  We are so hapee dat yu finally habz power.

An Miss Sherrie - it iz so gud to heer frum yu!

Happy burfday, Wiki - sownz like qwite a day!

An Miss Jen!  Is it realee yur fifty lebbenf burfday?  Mama sez dat iz a speshal wun!...ub corse any wun iz speshal in its own way.

We had two days ub slow stedee snow....juss an inch heer an an inch deer until we had four or five on top ub wut wuz still heer - but it was reel prittee an da tempy chur wuz in da high twenties so it wuz KNOT awful.

Ah lubz yu all.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Miss Chris  your lost electricity has found its way home. :bounce1

Daphne & Bitzi going to bed tonight knowing  MIss Chris et all have heat, sleep well

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

:balloonparty     Wiki     :chow

:confetti       Jen     :confetti

:goodluck      with the fabric 

:omg   Lucy   :(

We seem to be out of the  PolarBear weather  :yay

And now for your smile of the day... here is little Maggie & Stoneys frosty butts  ..

May be an image of horse and outdoors

NSK-Winter.jpg.a6ea578c2e544932c5222b81cda3216d.jpg

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger) and Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos).   Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) and especially  Nigel (Nigel), waiting at the Bridge.

Yeah!!!!!!!  We finally gots our lectricals back!!! 3:34 pee emm this affernoon!!!  Daddy turned the hot air blower on IMMEDIATELY and it popped rite on!  Now the house is nice and warm and I can stretch out in comfort!

I know I missed loads of stuff, so I will try an ketch up tamarrow morning.

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

:coffee    Good morning!

It's me!  Cherry!  It is a frosty morning outside and there is lots ob ice to walk on.   Sigh.   But AndiPants has 'lectricity!  :yay   :yay :yay 

I had my brekkie and I am waiting for Daddy and Ivy to come downstairs and I am hoping Momma will gibs me peanut butter!  :chow 

Cherry cherries-sm.png 

:coffee

I pooped by de lite ob de liddle dipper!

Relative to everyone else, it's not cold but I thought you'd' get a kick out of our morning.  It was too dark to walk lakeside so I took Merc across the street, kittycorner, to the vacant lot.  It's 50 degrees.  I'm in a shorty robe and flipflops.  The neighbor's sprinklers come on while we're across the street.  Now, we have to walk back through the sprinklers, with bare legs, in 50 degree weather.

:yay fur Miss Chris and AndiPants and their fambly

12 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

:coffee

Relative to everyone else, it's not cold but I thought you'd' get a kick out of our morning.  It was too dark to walk lakeside so I took Merc across the street, kittycorner, to the vacant lot.  It's 50 degrees.  I'm in a shorty robe and flipflops.  The neighbor's sprinklers come on while we're across the street.  Now, we have to walk back through the sprinklers, with bare legs, in 50 degree weather.

Sorry Elizabeth, but   :rofl :rofl :rofl    I hope you didn't get too wet and chilly! 

3 minutes ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

Sorry Elizabeth, but   :rofl :rofl :rofl    I hope you didn't get too wet and chilly! 

I intended everyone to get a chuckle over my adventure.  A cup of hot coffee and a bowl of hot oatmeal will soon put me right.