New grey seems depressed

Hi - we have a new greyhound - he just arrived 4 days ago. The first day he was excited and eager to explore the house and yard but in the days since he never wants to leave his bed. He is sweet and gentle and has been eating but he has no interest in spending time with us, playing with our other dog, or going for walks. I realize he is probably in an adjustment period with his big life change but I want to make sure I'm not missing any warning signs. Anyone have any advice? 

He's fine.  he's figuring out the new routine and trying to figure out what's expected of him now.   He may not play with toys at all and that's perfectly normal, or he may play like crazy eventually and that's perfectly normal too.  He's had a job up until now and is still trying to figure out what that is now. Give him time and let him come to you on his own terms. Good luck. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I agree. There is no telling how a greyhound will react to such a big change in circumstances but if you are keeping him fed, watered, safe and warm then he’s fine. They all have different personalities and some take a little more time than others to let theirs shine through. Good luck!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Yes as the others have said that's normal. Give him time and space to sort out his new surroundings. The dog you have now won't be the one you have in 6 months or a years time.

Greyhounds are good at giving the impression they are bored but are quite happy to watch the world go by often sideways and sometimes upside down.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time