Bridge Angels in 2020

macoduck

Saying goodbye to the beautiful greyhounds and their friends who left us in 2020. As you run with the wind send a caress to wipe our tears.

Gone but never forgotten. Loved forever. Run free with those who have gone before you. Greet all those that will follow.

JANUARY
Penny
Leo
Ambi
Wayne Lambert, former kennel manager at Greyhound Friends of NC
Leo
Falcon

FEBRUARY
Beka
Bella
Missy Soul
Ken
Sherman
Andy

MARCH
Trolley
Jawa Hot Dog
Ginny
Simon, the kitty
Gezabel, (one of the nine taken in by GALT a few years ago by the FWACC 28)
Price
Mr Bigglesworth, the kitty
Luna
Star

APRIL
Dammit Atomic
Jade
Pat Tarditi (GT member PhillyPups)
Gary
Freddie Mercury, the Chinese created
Indy

MAY
Eureka
Shine

JUNE
Myka
Gizmo
Sully and kitty pal Haiku
Pitch

JULY
Widget, the kitty
Bea
Zeke
Archie
Agnes, the chihuahua

AUGUST
Abby
Larry
Tripp
Henry
Dazher
Nova
Charley Lloyd, greyhound lover
Danny BTFrontalAssault
Camille Marcione, greyhound lover
Ewan

SEPTEMBER
Bibbi, the kitty
Sophie, the kitty
Billy Bob

Walter J Wallerson

OCTOBER
Tiny
GT Member LovingGreysSLP - Chris Russell
Remi
Avry, the black lab
Luci, the whippet
Mable Grace, the pit
Wags (Wagmore Barkless)

Flying Han Solo
Kali

NOVEMBER
Trapper, the kitty
Cletus, best friend to greyhounds

DECEMBER
Lila
Addie
Quinn The Eskimo (Maine Coon Wanna-Be)
Saint aka YELL BOY
Finn, the lurcher
Rudy 2
Nigel
Connie Cassidy, greyhound lover

They'll always be with us, just slightly beyond the point that we can see with our eyes. In our heart, though, they'll be bright and clear, as they always were.

If you need to add a name to this Bridge Angel list, just post in this thread or send me a PM and I will tuck them in. They will be in good company.

Edited by macoduck

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I lost my Star (Greyt Star) in March and my first grey Pitch (Emerald Pitch) in June. 

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

thank you, Ducky  :cry1 :cry1  it's still so hard to see both my boyz Larry and Zeke on the Remembrance threads :( :cry1 but I know they are with good company with so many other loved angel hounds.

sending hugs to all that also have lost a loved one. :grouphug :cry1 

There were many days after they were gone I didn't know if I'd see the next day :(:(:(  I absolutely know Larry and Zeke sent our baby black bear Rick to help heal our hearts :kiss2 :kiss2  He has saved both Bruce and I.  

Edited by RaineysMom

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

2 hours ago, JaimeL said:

I lost my Star (Greyt Star) in March and my first grey Pitch (Emerald Pitch) in June. 

I have tucked Star and Pitch in with the others. They are in good company.  :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

I couldn't bring myself to write a remembrance post, but we said goodbye to Kali on October 16. I would be grateful if you could add her name to the list of bridge angels for 2020. I posted a number of photos on Instagram when it happened and just went through my smartphone to organize photos for a Shutterfly book. I plan to write a brief intro for the book soon, before I forget all the wonderful stories and memories we built together, which I'll post here at some point. We miss her deeply and are comforted by the addition of a sweet new girl, Rosie (AMF Ready Made), a few months before Kali went to the bridge.

kali-pool.jpg

Drew and occasionally DW Melody, with Rosie (AMF Ready Made) and Marvin (Bella Riddick) in Louisville. Forever missing Brooks (KC Bastone) and Kali (Swish).

Thank you Ducky.

I hate that one of mine is on the list, but I very much appreciate that you post it.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

14 hours ago, quarrystepper said:

I couldn't bring myself to write a remembrance post, but we said goodbye to Kali on October 16. I would be grateful if you could add her name to the list of bridge angels for 2020. I posted a number of photos on Instagram when it happened and just went through my smartphone to organize photos for a Shutterfly book. I plan to write a brief intro for the book soon, before I forget all the wonderful stories and memories we built together, which I'll post here at some point. We miss her deeply and are comforted by the addition of a sweet new girl, Rosie (AMF Ready Made), a few months before Kali went to the bridge.

kali-pool.jpg

Kali is now tucked in and in very good company.  :grouphug

tiny hada siggy.png

Thank you for adding Star and Pitch.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Thank you Duckie. I thought a lot about our Falcon over the holidays, and I wanted to come acknowledge all those we lost in 2020. Thank you for including him on this list.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

• 4 weeks later...

Never mind, I see that you added Saint, thank you.

Edited by Jenbo

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020