I'm losing my CC

I'm glad to hear that you have some more time with her.  That little girl deserves every possible day after what she went through to get to you. Give her more ear rubs from me. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping you get a few more good quality days with CC

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

The ondosetron is making her feel much better. It's anti-nausea.  Her kidneys are still crap. And this will only last a short while. But she's eagerly eating breakfast and dinner. (As long as momma's meatloaf is part of it). And still very much enjoying life.

She takes 6 meds in the morning.  5 are for making her tummy feel better.  But at least right now they're working. 

14 minutes ago, MP_the4pack said:

The ondosetron is making her feel much better. It's anti-nausea.  Her kidneys are still crap. And this will only last a short while. But she's eagerly eating breakfast and dinner. (As long as momma's meatloaf is part of it). And still very much enjoying life.

She takes 6 meds in the morning.  5 are for making her tummy feel better.  But at least right now they're working. 

That's a great drug.  I had to use it for nausea during some cancer treatment. Glad she's happy and feeling better! 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I’m late reading this thread but I’m so glad you have some more time! 
She knows she is finally loved. I’m so glad you found each other. 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

So sorry about CC.  I am glad you have more time with her.  She is finally part of a real family.

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

We saw her doctor yesterday.  Her kidney values are so bad he said no need to keep checking them. Creatinine is over 12 (normal less than 2) and BUN was 102. (Normal less than 30)

He also said that she's maxed out on meds. So once they stop working we're done.  

Thankfully each day she still gets up and is ready to attack the day. I fight daily to find something she will eat. But when I find it she eats enthusiastically. She'd been on a roll with my meatloaf,  but that's waining. Tonight we try pork shoulder. 

I think I still have a week. 

But, my dad will be leaving me probably within 48 hours. 2021 is really going to suck for me. 

Enjoy every last day you have with her. 

I'm so sorry this year is not going great. 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

Mary Pat, I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad.   You're right, 2021 is not off to a great start for many.  Let's hope it gets better. 

If you are letting CC have whatever she wants to eat you might want to try a Nathan's skinless hot dog.  In the week before Trolley passed away she was very picky about food. She was visiting on a weekend and I gave her a Nathan's skinless hot dog right out of the package after many futile attempts to get her to eat something besides Milk Bones.  She scarfed down the hot dog and came back for more.  She had been turning her nose up at everything offered including things she would usually eat with gusto.   Also give her some ear rubs for us. 

• 3 weeks later...

Mary Pat, I am so sad and sorry to read this.  Take comfort in knowing that your sweet girl is at peace and pain free.  

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I’m so sorry Mary Pat :grouphug

I'm so sorry, Mary Pat.  Thank you for giving her every possible day full of love before she left.  That beautiful little girl and her story will not be forgotten here. 

Oh, run free sweet girl. The moon was bright to guide your way tonite. :brokenheart

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

You gave her the best days of her life :heart Rest well baby girl  

{{MP}} :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.