Greyhound takes 2nd at national Fast CAT competition

EllenEveBaz

The acronym for Coursing Ability Test may be unfortunate, but the AKC national contest that was televised last weekend had a greyhound named Dagnabbit (sp?) coming in 2nd to a mixed breed named Wailin' Phelan in the "pure speed" competition.  Dogs are also measured against the highest speed recorded for their breeds.    It was pretty interesting watching a 200+ lb mastiff running after the lure.  I'm pretty sure the ground under the camera shook.  

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/news/nations-fastest-dogs-fast-cat-invitational/

For all you basketball fans, besides Dagnabbit, my favorite dog name of the competition was Snarlz Barkley.  

Rebroadcast on ESPN2 on 12/25.  

Edited by EllenEveBaz

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I happened to catch that competition recently. Phelan is a lurcher and was adopted out by SHUG (Sighthound Underground).  Boy was he fast!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png