Nigel June 2, 2008 - December 14, 2020

BatterseaBrindl

We said goodbye to our sweet Nigel, Therapy Dog extraordinaire, last week.   His passing was swift and peaceful.

His hind end had been slowly failing for some time and he had lost his appetite.  Those big eyes were telling me he was tired and ready to go.

Image may contain: dog

Nigel came to us as a foster 9 exactly years ago,  after his first family decided he didn't fit into their lives once their new baby arrived, and it didn't take long before I knew he was staying here with us.   He was so handsome ....

No photo description available.

He aced both his Therapy Dog tests .... and had his own trading cards

We visited at LTC and 3 schools.  He loved kids and every Thursday morning we would help 3rd graders with their reading.  The Autistic kindergarten kids would brush him until I thought he'd go bald!   He also spent time with a class for high anxiety middle school students.

Once we travelled with the school choir to our local LTC .....

Image may contain: 1 person

He was also the only one of my hounds that could catch treats...One of my favourite photos!

Another favourite photo of my 'Original Three' ....  Ruby, Nixon and Nigel.  All together again....

Image may contain: dog, outdoor and nature

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I’m so sorry for your loss of handsome Nigel, Nancy. How lucky he was to have had a home with you for so many years. :brokenheart

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Nigel, we will miss you in da Club. Shine on, brite star!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I am so sorry to see this and for the loss of your sweet boy. 

I am going to miss Nigel's Therapy Dog posts and pictures. He was a gorgeous boy and i loved seeing the pics of him being read to by the kids. 

Run pain-free, Nigel.  You will be missed by many, but never forgotten.  :f_red

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Just the best boy. This is a profound loss. Nancy, I am so sorry :grouphug

Godspeed Nigel :kiss2 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I am so sorry for your loss of the very special boy Nigel. Till you meet again may sweet memories help you smile.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

Nancy, I'm so glad Nigel stayed with you!  When a special dog who can do so much good and bring so much joy, finds the person who cares enough to share him unselfishly, it's a wonderful thing.  Imagine how many people he made smile, how many people whose days were brightened.  I know you'll miss him terribly, and so will his many friends.  We're so sad that he's gone. :grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm so sorry your  special and loving boy is gone :( :cry1  :cry1  he was truly a good boy and was loved by so many and will be missed.

sending you many hugs.  :grouphug 

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Miss Mam, we are so sorry that Nigel had to leave you.   He really was a very special boy, doing his therapy work.  He had such a lovely silver face.  He will be missed.  Hugs from:

Celeste, Hope & Candy

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

I’m so sorry for your loss of igel.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm so very sorry. He was even more extraordinary than he was handsome--therapy dog work is a special calling and he excelled.

Godspeed Nigel.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Nigel yu wer a :starand awl them kidlets and owld fowks that yu helped and luvved  ar gonna miss yu.

Mam, yu know we finking ov yu and the fambilee.

Likky kissis frum

Chancey and Nutmeg.

Luv frum Mum.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.