How do you know your hounds love you?

He stares at me. He has always done this from the day we got him. Recently my husband has been at home more and he started staring at him too, so I think he is staring to love my husband more and more, which is nice to see. The other thing he does is that he just wants to be close to me. He often greets us at the bottom of the stairs in the morning. If my husband goes downstairs first, Buddy will park himself in front of Dan for cuddles. When I join them, I sit behind Dan, and Buddy will push himself into Dan as if trying to get through him to be closer to me. Poor Dan ends up wedged between the two of us but it makes for a nice morning family huddle!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Grace watches me. She's not one for cuddles or following me around but she lies on her bed/sofa and watches me with a contented look on her face. If she wasn't such a gentle soul it could be interpreted as scary :blink:

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

There are different things. They choose to stay close to me, not only at home but on our walks, too. They are happy when I come home from work. 

And Colin even stopped going after a hare when I called him back. That was super special.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

The two things that Jeter perks up his ears for are squirrels, and me coming home.  He also barks when I leave, but I think that's more anxiety and indignation.  

And Colin even stopped going after a hare when I called him back.

:bow

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Jenny chooses to lie next to me even though she has several other options.  She always has a part of her body in contact with mine even when we’re in the car.  

Also, too, I have the ‘keys’ to the cookies! 

😉

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Logan rushes to the door when I get home. He sleeps in my bedroom at night. (Well, he does usually spend some of the night on his comfy couch or chair, but is in the bedroom by morning :-)  He gets upset if I don't spend time with him in the evening after our walk and his dinner. He will usually come and lie down in whatever room I am in. 

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

All 14 of my greyhounds have shown affection within days of arriving and what I interpret as love.

One, however, took months to really show it. That was my super-spook boy, Thane, and he was a 9 year old return. He only wanted to hide in a back bedroom and would only come out when he heard my others eating, or when we wanted to go out and potty. Taking him for walks was not an option with him.

I was sitting in the living room one evening and out of the corner of my eye I saw Thane peek around the corner. My heart melted in that he NEVER came out of that bedroom when called or lured with a treat and we had never forced him to. In that moment there was a glimpse of him beginning to trust me and, I really believe, also his first sign of showing affection. Each day that peek around the corner lasted alittle longer.

Ironically, his race name was Pog Mo Thoine, Celtic for Kiss My Ass. That's kinda what he told us of his desire to be left alone until he was really really ready to interact with us.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

4 hours ago, macoduck said:

I was sitting in the living room one evening and out of the corner of my eye I saw Thane peek around the corner. My heart melted in that he NEVER came out of that bedroom when called or lured with a treat and we had never forced him to. In that moment there was a glimpse of him beginning to trust me and, I really believe, also his first sign of showing affection. Each day that peek around the corner lasted a little longer.

I think that shows a special kind of love and trust.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Burdette will lay his head on my leg when I'm sitting and close his eyes.  He also jumps up and down and whines when I come home.  Sophie will come to me when she wants her head and neck scratched and always sleeps next to me in bed.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

• 4 months later...

Sweetie sleeps next to me and LOVES to  snuggle ..  and snuggle.. and snuggle...by morning I am sometimes allowed as much as six inches of the king sized bed :wub:

Dogs and small children are the only people I really get along with....MacDaddy

My latest girl, Faith, because she showers me in kisses any moment she can. I've never had a girl and she's quite the sweetie pie.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

They don't kill me in my sleep.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

11 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

That or leaving a huge turd in a shoe.

Or just inside the door :angry: