Identifying my greyhound

Sophie

Hello, I’m trying to indentify my greyhound and it’s history, I’ve recently lost my paper that had his information so I’m having to do it this way. I’ve had him for around 5 months now and when I got him I was told he was two. From what I can work out I think is left ear reads TL and the right KNZ? But when I try to search this nothing comes up. And upon getting him I was told he was retired because they said he wasn’t fast enough and he didn’t like to run.  I was wondering if anyone could possible help with this? I’m from London and I was told he did long runs is Ireland, but when I search the Irish ear tattoos it says the left ear has 3 letters instead of two?

0E04DE9A-D67C-4B3A-AA7F-ED65E001907F.jpeg

767E656E-0675-45EA-8C84-7FFC6DE445D7.jpeg

I think you have the ears the wrong way round - that's surely his left ear in the first photo. It's HIS left not yours, i.e. what he sees looking forward not what you see when you look at his face from in front! My chaps who have all been Irish have always had the two letters in the right ear, the three in the left.  I did an earmark search on Greyhound Data for you. Nothing comes up under those letters, but their records aren't complete - dogs who haven't raced often don't get added. But go to that link and you will find an address and a phone no. for the Irish Coursing Club, who hold the stud book and will be able to identify him for you. No email address, but here is their website.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

9 minutes ago, DocsDoctor said:

I think you have the ears the wrong way round - that's surely his left ear in the first photo. It's HIS left not yours, i.e. what he sees looking forward not what you see when you look at his face from in front! My chaps who have all been Irish have always had the two letters in the right ear, the three in the left.  I did an earmark search on Greyhound Data for you. Nothing comes up under those letters, but their records aren't complete - dogs who haven't raced often don't get added. But go to that link and you will find an address and a phone no. for the Irish Coursing Club, who hold the stud book and will be able to identify him for you. No email address, but here is their website.

Thank you that has cleared up a lot for me! I’ll try to contact them and hopefully find out some information.

If you are on fb visit the group Your Greyhound's History. The girls are amazing. They find put everything there is to know about your greyt.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

If you haven't already, email the Irish Coursing Club. https://irishcoursingclub.ie/ I was in the same situation; my grey's tattoos weren't registered on the Greyhound Database (greyhound-data.com), so I had to find the info myself. I found out that he was older than the rescue said he was by a whole year! I got an email back asking if I could describe him, if he had any distinctive marks, and lo, they replied back with his full racing name and DOB. My boy's tattoos were a bit hard to see in one ear, so I gave them my best guess along with a picture. Hope this helps!

Edit: sorry, just noticed someone already recommended emailing them, but I can at least confirm it works. :lol 

Edited by Moo