most comfortable pajamas????

smt

I have a few fleece pajamas for the girls, but they don't look very comfortable.  They seem to get twisted and I just imagine if I had to sleep in them, I would not be very happy.  What does your pup sleep in at night to keep them warm?  I am also wondering if there is some other kind of material that doesn't get as much static electricity that would be a better option to.  Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Cotton or flannel would produce less static. I don’t have any myself, but I’ve seen loads by a company called Hountees and they seem to be very popular. I think someone on this forum makes them too...possibly Houndtime but maybe someone could confirm that.

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

I do make fleece jackets and flannel (100% cotton) house coats.  The house coats do have a fleece collar for stretch and an insert of fleece on the front seam.  All coats are $20 plus shipping.  www.houndtime.com  Lots of GreyTalk doggies on the Dog Coat Models page of the web site. Thanks.

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving.  Lets make the best of it that we can.  I see a light at the end of tunnel and we will get thru this.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

21 minutes ago, Houndtime said:

I do make fleece jackets and flannel (100% cotton) house coats.  The house coats do have a fleece collar for stretch and an insert of fleece on the front seam.  All coats are $20 plus shipping.  www.houndtime.com  Lots of GreyTalk doggies on the Dog Coat Models page of the web site. Thanks.

Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving.  Lets make the best of it that we can.  I see a light at the end of tunnel and we will get thru this.

I will second Irene's  (Houndtime) flannel housecoats.  Kate sleeps in one when she needs it, and Rocket wore them all Winter when we lived in IL. (Petunia acts like we are going to murder her if we try to put any garment on her :lol) They are a good weight for staying warm but won't overheat the dog.  Since there is only a belly strap and a neck opening, there is no tangling like with pajama legs. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Another thing to think about is as the hound gets older, you want any clothing to be easy to get on and off, and not require tricky balancing or having to pull/push limbs in unusual directions.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I do have lots of fabric shown on the website, www.houndtime.com.  I have one new pattern that has a greyhound on it.  I can't seem to post photos here.  I keep getting a note that the file is too big.  Sorry.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Thanks, all, for the recommendations.  I have a pair of GH pajamas that are over 10 years old. In fact, they were the first pair we ever bought.  I got them online, but can't recall where, and there is no tag to serve as a clue.  I love the design.  There is a piece of material that runs from the neck band, under the chest, and then velcro's on each side of the ribcage.  This design seems less "binding" than all the others we have.  I hate twisted pajamas, so I may be projecting onto the girls, but all of our other pj's do look rather uncomfortable, especially because the "apron" in front of the chest gets twisted and stretched when they flop around in all of the crazy GH sleeping positions.  None of our pj's have legs.  I agree, I cannot deal with the hassle of getting those on and off.  I did see the below on Etsy, and wonder if they would work.  She said she could do double sided flannel, and sent a link for different fabric choices beyond what is listed on her site:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/490223989/greyhound-coat-dog-coat-xl-dog-jacket?ref=shop_home_feat_3&pro=1&frs=1

As always my view on jammies is unpopular.  With an inside dog in a heated house the please the owner more than the dog.

Your dog was probably raised in Oklahoma or Kansas in an outside run with a baby pool in the summer and a communal dog house filled with straw in the winter. He grew, thrived and did just fine in snow and 100 degree heat. Then he's adopted and turns into a fashion model and glass figurine that needs jammies in a heated house

"I roamed free the deserts and hills in the time before Christ.

Where were my jammies then?
I waited 20 long years for my master to return from his Odyssey.
I followed Caesar when he conquered cold, wet Gaul.
I hunted bear, bull, stag and men for my lord in the manor.
I was the first of my kind to see the Pacific Ocean.
I saw Yellow Hair meet his end at the Little Big Horn.
I chased Coyote and Jack Rabbit across the rolling Great Plains.
I snuggled in straw through long, cold nights on the farm. The next morning I ran like the wind after the lure.
I am a fierce predator and competitor. No one is faster than me.
Where are my jammies?"

- Credit to Donna and Brett Weeks

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

7 hours ago, Houndtime said:

I do have lots of fabric shown on the website, www.houndtime.com.  I have one new pattern that has a greyhound on it.  I can't seem to post photos here.  I keep getting a not that the file is too big.  Sorry.

128053028_2720414404941688_3299500615447562542_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=whxqpEhcbC4AX8guQs8&_nc_ht=scontent.fijd1-1.fna&oh=41ecc4b5f823456c130e146253c77174&oe=5FEC383C

Love this!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:) You're welcome! It's soo cute!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.