It's Rocket's "Spoil Your Hounds Day!"

Happy Birthday to my best boy at The Bridge, Rocket.  Rocket would have been 15 today and while we know that would be a real milestone, it doesn't stop us from celebrating his birthday with the annual Rocket's Spoil Your Hounds Day!  

This is a day to spoil your hound a little extra before we go into the holiday season and things get a little crazy.  Given the year we've all experienced, spending a little extra time with our hounds can't hurt.  So, go for an extra walk, bring home some fries (Rocket's favorite), Take the pup for a ride and stop for ice cream, etc.  It doesn't matter what you do. The goal is to spend a little extra time with your pup and get away from the craziness of the world and the holiday hustle and bustle. 

Kate and Peunia started the celebration last night with french fries, but gobbled them before I could get a picture. Today, we will do a walk around the neighborhood and see a few of the people that we don't get to see on our walks often, and hopefully catch up with their friend Zoey, a 12 year old Weimaraner on the next street.  Zoey has some trouble walking now, so we only get to see her when she rides by on her golf cart (not that she's spoiled :D).  The first time that Zoey met Rocket you could tell that she loved that boy. She was always excited to see him and they spent lots of days meeting up on walks and hanging out in the shade while the hoomans talked. 

So, go spoil your dogs today, tomorrow, anytime this week that you have a chance. Post pictures in this thread if you can.  A special thanks to @racindog for keeping Rocket's special day going here. 

The birthday boy: 

FwNQpmD.jpg

This morning, this mug was staring at me when I opened the cabinet - so he's still messing with me like usual. I had to have today's coffee in this mug. 

7EVnQS3.jpg

Have fun everyone! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

40 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Happy Birthday to my best boy at The Bridge, Rocket.  Rocket would have been 15 today and while we know that would be a real milestone, it doesn't stop us from celebrating his birthday with the annual Rocket's Spoil Your Hounds Day!  

This is a day to spoil your hound a little extra before we go into the holiday season and things get a little crazy.  Given the year we've all experienced, spending a little extra time with our hounds can't hurt.  So, go for an extra walk, bring home some fries (Rocket's favorite), Take the pup for a ride and stop for ice cream, etc.  It doesn't matter what you do. The goal is to spend a little extra time with your pup and get away from the craziness of the world and the holiday hustle and bustle. 

Kate and Peunia started the celebration last night with french fries, but gobbled them before I could get a picture. Today, we will do a walk around the neighborhood and see a few of the people that we don't get to see on our walks often, and hopefully catch up with their friend Zoey, a 12 year old Weimaraner on the next street.  Zoey has some trouble walking now, so we only get to see her when she rides by on her golf cart (not that she's spoiled :D).  The first time that Zoey met Rocket you could tell that she loved that boy. She was always excited to see him and they spent lots of days meeting up on walks and hanging out in the shade while the hoomans talked. 

So, go spoil your dogs today, tomorrow, anytime this week that you have a chance. Post pictures in this thread if you can.  A special thanks to @racindog for keeping Rocket's special day going here. 

The birthday boy: 

FwNQpmD.jpg

This morning, this mug was staring at me when I opened the cabinet - so he's still messing with me like usual. I had to have today's coffee in this mug. 

7EVnQS3.jpg

Have fun everyone! 

Love his mug sign! Doesn't it feel good when the reach out to us like that?!!!!!

As was said to me many souls ago, missing someone is a way of keeping them with us even when they are not. Rocket, you are still the best :beatheart 

The campers did this for you, hope this qualifies on Rocket's Spoil Your Hound day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPM5al_yM_U

Annie Oooh M took it to the next level and made it a Happy Meal :wife :rofl 

126906762_2714476395535489_9021781167193198899_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=wQ7x90NM9PYAX9VrPCz&_nc_ht=scontent.fijd1-1.fna&oh=d1d2d2c852b710a6fff553abd5b96bb9&oe=5FE25D29

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Buddy wondered what was going on when I have him a smaller tea than usual tonight, but I think he’s forgiven me when I put his treat plate down. Turkey and cheese burger with sweet potato chips, and a side of broccoli and cauliflower stalks (it’s very important to remember to eat your veg). This was followed by raspberry yogurt which he picked up and took back to his bed. Must have been good. So happy birthday Rocket from your Buddies in NW England!

Buddy’s spoil your hound treat 2020 😍

This video is nearly 1 minute long and features serious tongue action and dodgy Christmas socks

I don’t need much of an excuse to post pictures of Buddy, but thank you Rocket (and racingdog!) for a reason!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

4 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

As was said to me many souls ago, missing someone is a way of keeping them with us even when they are not. Rocket, you are still the best :beatheart 

The campers did this for you, hope this qualifies on Rocket's Spoil Your Hound day:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPM5al_yM_U

Annie Oooh M took it to the next level and made it a Happy Meal :wife :rofl 

126906762_2714476395535489_9021781167193198899_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=wQ7x90NM9PYAX9VrPCz&_nc_ht=scontent.fijd1-1.fna&oh=d1d2d2c852b710a6fff553abd5b96bb9&oe=5FE25D29

Loved the video! Which is the dog who was so overwhelmed by all the fries on the floor that she couldn’t eat any straight away?!?!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

1 minute ago, MerseyGrey said:

Loved the video! Which is the dog who was so overwhelmed by all the fries on the floor that she couldn’t eat any straight away?!?!

Punkin may have still been full after her birthday treats yesterday :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Buddy :lol  Bun, cheese, burger, bun, fries ... ingredient by ingredient ...veggies LAST :lol:

We gots rowst  chikkin fower ower suppa!

Wagz frum

Chancey and Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

I see the Campers haven't forgotten the starting gate! :lol

Buddy, I like your style!  Rocket never met a burger or a sandwich he didn't like. (or a dessert :rotfl)

Chauncey and Nutmeg, that sounds like you had an American Thanksgiving! Rocket would approve. I will bet that the Banjoman is singing rowdy songs in the bar with him today. 

Awesome videos and pictures.  Petunia and Kate are still working on their day a little at a time here. 

Thanks everyone! 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

No video proof, but the kids here very much enjoyed their peanut butter on Ritz crackers for lunch

:chow

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Wow what a fun day! Thanks everyone-and especially you Rocket- for making it so happy.  I know that you made sure your wifey Lexie had a happy day too:love2 and that just adds to how wonderful it all was. Octane got xtra treats of various kinds all day and also had a happy happy day with lots of lovins.  I so enjoyed seeing the vids and pics of all the hounds getting spoiled!:beatheart There's definitely 'nothing finer in Carolina' :) Can't wait until next year!! But hey-a year is a long way off. However, .......there is a national french fry day between now and then- we may have to see what Rocket and the houndies think about doing up some fries :flip like last years celebration......

Peanut butter on Ritz crackers sounds delicious.  Now I want some. :chow

Octane spoiled? Nah....:D    We can always declare another doggy holiday if we need one - who's going to stop us? :lol

Petunia and Kate will be getting whippy cream the next few days weeks at random. DW and I each bought some not knowing the other had purchased it - we now have 4 cans. Oh well....

23 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Petunia and Kate will be getting whippy cream the next few days weeks at random. DW and I each bought some not knowing the other had purchased it - we now have 4 cans. Oh well....

Whippy Cream Day!  :yay 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Zowie -- those campers moved faster than I've ever seen greys do when off the track.  :lol

Buddy -- greyt gulping gizzards!  

Milo and Jeter tried out the Beef Liver and Coconut treats included as a bonus in our last Springtime supplements megaorder.  Two paws up! 

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter