The WFUBCC Edition 201 No Peeple Allowed!

Happy Birfday, Miss Patsy!  :baloons

There is no change fer owr frend Misser Robert.  Still onna bentilater. :weep  Mom keeps finkin abowt whot it must be like fer him.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ma skin brudder’s wife’s brudder cannot eat anyting day fliies! He is allergic to chicken and turkey! SBW’s Mom is allergic to SHEEP! She can’t eat dem or wear der wool or use any lotions made wif dem. Guess she is allergic to da hole entire sheep! Wonder if she can listen to dem Baa?

Molly McKnotapickyeater. 

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - Standard Poodle 3 Year Old Big Girl!!

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Ha Pee Birfday Miss. Patsy.

We liv in Dorset and do KNOT kare wat iz inna Cornish Pasty.

Gud nyte Wagz to awl ower frendz.

We howpe wen we get upp inna morning that Andy Pandy will be howme agen and feeling mor kumferbul!

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Andi's back home.  Again!

20201110_143317

Like I posted before, no clotting problem, bloodwork perfect.  So this was just a flukey thing for her.  I talked at length with her surgeon today - who came in to treat her on his day off! - and he could only speculate as well.

Because of how much hardware he had to put in, there was trouble completely closing the skin over it.  As you know, there's not much looseness there!  So one small incision just sort of leaked for an extended time, causing her wrapping to become soaked in blood.  

There was no leaking this morning when he took off her temp splint, so either the wound is granulation on its own, or the Amicar is making a big difference.  Her bruising should go away eventually.   I have some Arnica gel too.

So we start over, again, from here.

If you're not on FB (Jerilyn?) and have an interest in seeing her xrays and in-surgery flouroscopes, I can send you copies.  Let me know if you do.

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Just stopping by to check on our friend  AndiPants .  Glad to see the fixed the leak & you are home. Now we wish you a boring night with no excitment & happy sleepy dreams.

Daphne & Bitzi

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Hey yu rule brakers!  NO POLLYTICKS!  Pleeze don't forget dat whatever yur affiliation in a groop like the WFUBCC, like it or not, there are people on both sides.  Dis is a wide, sweeping, boff sides ban on pollyticks.  Thank yu, and DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!!

George

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

:coffee    Good morning!

It's me, Cherry!   We are going to get rainy rains today all day but it is knot raining yet.  Momma and I went out for my pre-brekkie potty break and it is cloudy and hoomid and DARK.   But we will be going out in the rain later today so that probably means no long walks for us today! 

I hope AndiPants is resting and getting better soon.   She habs LOTS ob metal in her leg!

Going to :nappy until Ivy and Daddy wake up and come downstairs.

Cherry cherries-sm.png 

three girls fall halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Candy, thanx for salutin' our daddyman.  His a retired USMC but stillplusalso works with da Marines as a supply contractor. Dem younguns call him "OG" (Old Guy) cuz him knows more dan day could ebber remember. Exceptin stuff mom asks him tu du.  ;)

Charlie the iggy, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz
Angels: Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

:yay AndiPants is home.   yeah, no wun likes a leeky houndie.... :blink:  wait, dat didn't sound rite

We are gonna hab a nuvver warm day.  Our rainy rains don't come until tumorro.  Tuday, Mummy habs to grade de senor papers :mexican ?? Oh, senyor papers!

Furst,we gotta go put up de flags  :standard   The American flag over the MIA-POW flag.  Mummy and Daddy are boff goin tu a flag raisin at elebenty o'clock and a seremonee at noon. 

Butt, Daddy's in Floweriduh... in a hurricane :dunno   It's all online, little one, don't worry your tiny brain about it.  Hokay. :) 

So, Mummy maded lazonya fur de freezer yesserday.  Here's wut yu do:    Sit rite by de mummy as she cooks and chatter yur teef.  Yu git cheez!!!! :chow   Dis publik serbiss nouncement brot tu yu by

Merc

:paw

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Andi I tink you look much better in your new photo. You sure do lie upside down reel good. I myownself have figured out how to roach. Knot one single time!

I looks like we is gunna gets a LOT of rain dis weekend from dat Greek girlie. She keeps changing her mind about exactly where she is gunna go, but right now it looks like she is coming straight across da state of Florida just about Tampa. Good ting we did knot hab any plans for dis weekend. Or any weekend for dat matter.

Molly McPoodledryfornow.

Edited by cello

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

AndiPants, I'm so glad that you're home wif a good report.  Your surgeon sounds just great. :kiss2 

Miss Patsy, FWIW, the number ob times my segretary types Pasty instead ob Patsy and has to fix it is legend in my house. Hope you enjoyed your birfday meal! :kiss2 

Isabella, why oh why can't you meet that gigantical puppy?  That just seem unfair.

:wave 

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

51 minutes ago, LBass said:

Isabella, why oh why can't you meet that gigantical puppy?  That just seem unfair.

:wave 

Spirit

Spirit - Ah yam ascared to say :mumas it may break da rulz since it habs been so poopliticized :shakefinger

Ah habs been out obs da loops...wut happened to Andi-pants and Misser Robert???

Isabella

gallery_17856_3310_663.jpg

Isabella and Bunny da Kitteh, Angel Kitty da Hownd, Angel Cocoa, Angel Bodhi, Angel Cali, and Angel Remy

Isabella, I wifdraw my question so don't fret.
I thought maybe you were a closet snarker at other dogs like my sister MoMo.  That's how she earned her nickname, MoMo Meany Pants, when she was just a wee puppy.  :lol 

AndiPants has an athletical injury.  She was fun running and she broke her hock.  She habs the best surgeon in her area and lots ob new hardware to help her heal.  There was a minor setback--so we were all worried.  Butt she's home again and healing up, we hope.

Spirit

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, and Miles the slinky kitty (OSH).
Missing Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin) and Winston

Good Wednesday to Everybody and Everyhoundie!

Thankful Veteran's Day to everyone who served or is serving.  

AndiPants, happy that you are home.  Your leg looks better, sweet girl.  

:wave  Have a pleasant day!

Miss Noo Carol

Hi eberyone!   It is rainy raining here and it will rain ALL. DAY. LONG.   This morning for our mid morning walk, Momma took Cherry and Daddy took me so I culd do my thing and come right back to the house! :D    When Cherry came twentyleben minutes later her face wuz all wet and her raincoat wuz all wet too.  She takes longer than me!

AndiPants, I hope you are doing OK today.   I see you habs a bloo cast now!

Thank you to all the Veterans who habs serbed this country. :standard   Momma told me that her Daddyman wuz a Marine in WWII and in Korea.  She wants to find a :digicam ob him in his uniform to postie here.   She says he wuz bery hansum and he wuld always sing "You are my Sunshine" to her when she wuz a leetle girl. :heart 

Um, Miss Vanessa?  Whot is Stargazy Pie?   :dunno 

Ivy, curious houndie 

three girls fall halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Ivy, Stargazy Pie haz hole fishes innit and thay stik thayre hedz owt ov the pastree and luk upp atta starz. We do KNOT hav it in ower howse eevin iffn itt got lotsa potaytows innit lyke a Cornish Pasty!

At elevenlebbenty o’klok this morning Mum and ower naybor Miss. Rita wer the ownlee wunz in ower rode who stood owtsyde fower the 2 minnits silents. Mum sed the “They shall grow not old” pome and the kwote frum The Kohima Memorial. Thay boff felt that thay dun thayre duty to “The Fallen” and The Unknown Warrior “ whose Centenary it was tuday.

We hadda kwik waak froo the howmes tuday ‘cos the wevver waz KNOT  that gud, chillee and windee.

Wagz to awl ower frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Good overnight report from the Dad about Andi.  She ate her breakfast right up and he actually got her pill down her on time.  She really likes getting food four times a day!!   No leaking seen of any type on inspection this morning.  She is getting many good drugs because she's supposed to stay as quiet as possible to give her leg time to heal.  It's not much of an issue yet, but keeping her quiet is going to be a whole thing sooner rather than later!  

Her surgeon - Dr Scott Lozier - is one of the best sports medicine vets in the area.  Everybody tries to get in to see him when they have a dog that might need surgery.  We just got lucky he was on call on Saturday and saw her come in!  He questioned me rather closely about how her injury happened.  He was convinced it was just a "normal" greyhound hock break until he got into her leg, then it was very much more complicated!   Shattering the bottom of her "heel" bone (calcanus) is fairly rare, and the displacement of the broken toe bones as well.  Probably because she actually finished the last half of the race on her broken leg!  All - most likely - caused just by the sheer torque force created by a greyhound running.

I'm very sad this will end her racing career.  Even if she rehabs well and he says she could race again, *I* would be extremely uncomfortable putting her out there to compete knowing this could happen again.  Heck, I'm going to be freaking out on the inside when she runs in the yard!!!  But it was really fun getting out of the house to do a fun dog thing, and meeting a great group of people and dogs.  Especially since we probably will not be adopting any more greyhounds.  

Anyway, I'm sure Andi will be back sooner rather than later!

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

19 minutes ago, Banjoman said:

Mum and ower naybor Miss. Rita wer the ownlee wunz in ower rode who stood owtsyde fower the 2 minnits silents. Mum sed the “They shall grow not old” pome and the kwote frum The Kohima Memorial.

And was that at 11:11 a.m. on 11/11?  I'm sure it was.

I put up two flags this morning, the American flag and the POW/MIA flag.  I put them at full mast as it is a day of Remembrance and Celebration, not Memorial.  We watched the flag raising on Marist College's Facebook page and I attended the service at noon.  Richard had so many trouble trying to log on that he gave up.  He is a bit distracted by the gale force winds so.... I'll give him a pass.

We are so glad AndiPants is better.  We wuz so worrit! :hope

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

“The eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month.”

M.”E.”C.

OMG! Something really strange just happened. I was laying on the bed while mama was reading, and I had my butt sort of right in her face, and suddenly something came out of my back end! Don’t worry it wasn’t poop or anything like that, in fact I’m not sure what it was, but mama sure sat up real quick and said oh my goodness Mollie you stink! How rude! Mama said that I had something called gas! I don’t ever have that so it was a brand new experience for me!

Molly McShares!

Hiya!

I'm so glad there is a good report on Andipants and she is comfortably upside down.

It has turned back to winter here. It was 50 mph winds lass nite and me and Mistress couldn't sleep on accounta it. I did eat alla my first meal by 10:30 this mornin. Mistress gets reel mad at me cause it seems I'm hongry just being reel pikky bout what's in my bowl. Some grated Trader Joe jerky got me going today.

Miss England Carol, Mistress team members were happy to see the poppy.

Wags,

Lila

Lila Football
Jerilyn, devoted Mistress to Lila (Good Looking)